Renting out a tourer caravan

Would there be any interest?

What is a reasonable deposit. The van isnt new but solid and desireable. All mod cons. Hot & cold water. Heating. Electric or battery. Sleeps 2 adults. Plus room for camp bed. All pots, pans, bedding etc provided. Shower in seperate area with bi folding door. Flushing toilet.

Would you rent a tourer?

I would love to rent a tourer, but you need to look into the insurance side and the clientelle you want to rent it to, I have a dog so that probably counts me out. Also it would have to be mechaically sound. This could be a mine field.

There's certainly a market for it day-break, I looked at hiring one earlier this year for 3-4 days but the prices were shocking. So much so that I considered selling my minibus and purchasing a tourer and hiring that out instead of doing airport transfers.

What sort of price would you consider to be decent to make it worth you while?

What happens if the caravan is stollen while being rented out? Would you need a gas safety certificate? How do you police the person having a suitable vehicle to tow with? If it's an Alko hitch will you check the towbar is suitable? We had a friend who lost his van as he didn't realise that the tow ball was different. Wrote his van off and a passing car too.

The tourer has a yearly service. I would get appropriate insurance cover to rent it out. Id expect to check the hirers insurance cover.

I think id have a minimum age rental policy too. So the van doesnt end up at some festival or other with 20 students in it lol