Sheffield to get a Herd of Elephants

We have had a herd for long enough,you have only to go to Crystal Peaks and you can see them wandering about any time of day.

:confused:

In this instance, I think you're confusing elephants with woolly mammoths(Waterthorpus primigenius).

This creature, with it's long shaggy coat, small ears, and a thick layer of fat has evolved and adapted to live the long cold winters in the southern wastelands of Sheffield. ;)

Elephants? Maybe there's a USA dentist with time on his hands and another holiday to plan.

They look great!

Probably not a good idea to put them on Carver Street or West Street

When I saw the thread title I thought Warnock had come back to manage at the Lane and he'd made some new signings.

Should bring a bit more colour to the streets of Sheffield :) and in a good cause, too.

I'd never heard about the steelworks elephant until now. Is this why there are the elephants on top of the Cutlers' Hall?

I'd never heard about the steelworks elephant until now. Is this why there are the elephants on top of the Cutlers' Hall?

:suspect:

I think that could be due to overdoing the alcopops at lunchtime... ;)

:suspect:

I think that could be due to overdoing the alcopops at lunchtime... ;)

Stand in front of the Cathedral and look at the crest on the roof of the Cutlers Hall. I'd neve noticed it until I took part in - and won - the Great Sheffield Treasure Hunt a few years ago.

Stand in front of the Cathedral and look at the crest on the roof of the Cutlers Hall. I'd neve noticed it until I took part in - and won - the Great Sheffield Treasure Hunt a few years ago.

:hihi:

Here it is then for all those unbelievers! ;)

I have seen these before in nottingham they were beautiful. A lot of effort goes into them so will be nice to see them in my home town

I think this wonderful. I just hope the scrotes in this city don't trash them.

i love Elephants i wonder who has funded it?? private enterprise?