Plumbing 'foot in the door' opportunity wanted

Ive fairly recently got my level 2 NVQ in Plumbing and im looking to have a career change to this trade.

Despite numerous applications for apprenticeship vacancies, each one has been unsuccessful (I wasnt expecting it to be easy)

If any of you are looking to take on a trainee/apprentice plumber, please message me with your contact details and ill give you a call or email you over my CV.

Many thanks

its good to see young people (im assuming your young)getting into the construction industry. it will be difficult at first to get a start but when it does come don't let the person down who takes you on. im sure I saw someone advertising for a trainee on here (but it might have gone now)anyway good luck for the future :thumbsup:

its good to see young people (im assuming your young)getting into the construction industry. it will be difficult at first to get a start but when it does come don't let the person down who takes you on. im sure I saw someone advertising for a trainee on here (but it might have gone now)anyway good luck for the future :thumbsup:

Quite the opposite with my son. It was the scumbag who took him on who treat him like a slave and ripped him off regarding pay. His attitude was 'don't like it leave, plenty more out there.' Anyhow, he got his comeuppance and my son left and joined the Royal Engineers.

I'm sure there's some great guys out there who could give this enthusiastic young chap a chance.

Im actually 37 and looking at a career change as I feel in my current job, there is no opportunity to progress.

Ive got the basic skill, just need the chance to carry it on.

Ive worked since I left school so plenty of working experience there too.

Edited by simondjuk

Don't give up buddy, keep going you will get the break you need.

Im actually 37 and looking at a career change as I feel in my current job, there is no opportunity to progress.

Ive got the basic skill, just need the chance to carry it on.

Ive worked since I left school so plenty of working experience there too.

My friend is similar to your age. He's just being doing plumbing/heating for a year or so, and is inundated with work offers now people have seen how good/reliable he is.

He also had the problem of getting the apprenticeship required. He ended up working Saturday's for a guy/company for a year, for no money. (though I'm pretty sure he was paid bits and bobs, once he showed his worth - I never asked directly though)

They'll be people who spout 'slave labour' and the like, but if I had done the same (wish I had now) I'd consider it time/experience well spent.

Perhaps that could be an option?

Yeah, im happy to work a bit for free for the experience.

Ive got some practical experience but not the confidence.

Im still trying though, not giving up yet and wasting my own money - I paid for the course in the first place.