Is this poster really sexist?

Is this advert sexist?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Is this advert sexist?

So the poll reveals that someone found it sexist so far!

Come on, who voted yes?

It could be a womans or a mans 4**e (thanks Ron!) looks pretty a-sexual to me.

Ron is right, too many people these days take offense on the behalf of others, instead of displaying genuine outrage that they themselves are offended.

im offended by this post :rant:

:help:

So the poll reveals that someone found it sexist so far!

Come on, who voted yes?

It could be a woman's or a man's 4**e (thanks Ron!) looks pretty a-sexual to me.

Ron is right, too many people these days take offense on the behalf of others, instead of displaying genuine outrage that they themselves are offended.

That's exactly what I got a ban for... seriously, take it off :hihi:

Actually, come to think of it I'm "offended" by your term and I'm thinking of being a sad little loser and reporting you... :suspect:

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 16:35 ----------

Is that 'cause someone praised Ron? :hihi:

Im sorry mel, should i edit it and use the actual word then like altus? Would that be better?

Good word that! Not sure you're allowed to use it on SF though - I got a 3 day ban for using an obscured version of it with a 4 and two stars**.

I should remove it if I were you: lest you get clobbered.

I did a search for the word and there are many examples of it used on the forum so I think I'll be OK. Perhaps your problem was that you masked it and caused the mod to think you were hiding using another word entirely. ;)

Good word that! Not sure you're allowed to use it on SF though - I got a 3 day ban for using an obscured version of it with a 4 and two stars**.

I should remove it if I were you: lest you get clobbered.

What context did you use the word? You wasn't using it to describe someone, as opposed to describing the rear of someone's anatomy?

Well no. I was only pointing out the bit that they could have been referring to by the way, not offering an opinion on the ad. I don't think they were objecting to just the picture of an arse but the words that went with it as well.

Just to be clear, I didn't assume that you shared the opinion of the MPs, my response was an open question to anyone who does hold that opinion.

The poster states that bums are good for squeezing. If a woman said she liked having her bum squeezed (without any other qualifiers in the sentence and actually meaning her partner carrying out the act) and a random stranger came over and squeezed her bum, then the MPs said she had encouraged it, the MPs would be victim blaming.

Stating that bums are good for squeezing is not a green light for strangers to go and do it to random people without consent, just like a car advert isn't a green light for strangers to just go and drive anyone else's car without consent. People who overreact to such posters can have an opposite effect to how they intend, on how the public view such matters.

What context did you use the word? You wasn't using it to describe someone, as opposed to describing the rear of someone's anatomy?

If i remember correctly Ron used it in the same context as Jim Royle, ie "my 4**e".

If you can think of any other words of four letters that start with an A and end with an E that could be substituted you are better at countdown than me.

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Anyway, back on topic, can anyone tell me how they can definitively recognise this as a female and not a male?

It could be either couldnt it?

Maybe thats why the male mp spoke out?!

Its strikingly similar to the Asda advert as someone pointed out isnt it.

Presumably this bit:

Cobblers. There is NOTHING sexist about this poster, nothing what so ever .

Well unless we are all a bunch of neanderthal sexists,the poll is pretty conclusive.

I don't know about Sadiq Kahn,but Teresa Pearce might still be a little peeved off from the rail fare increase announcement in August.

It might not have played any part at all,but you never know :PLocalnewslink

Nowt wrong with the poster, shows part of a pair of jeans, could be male or female - who knows. Maybe our Parasites that inhabit Westminster should find better things to complain about. As for the muslim issue over the poster/advert, I'm keeping my powder dry.

Angel1.

That's exactly what I got a ban for... seriously, take it off :hihi:

Actually, come to think of it I'm "offended" by your term and I'm thinking of being a sad little loser and reporting you... :suspect:

---------- Post added 17-10-2015 at 16:35 ----------

Is that 'cause someone praised Ron? :hihi:

who? :suspect:

the hairy hedgehog?

lol

what about the women in the smarties ad with the Chippendales blokes, nobody gives a ;;;;.to many do-gooders who need to get on with there own lives instead of scoring political points.