Conker picking where to find best trees

Want to take my little one conker picking this weekend, . Can anyone direct me to find conker trees around please

Dont know about this year but last year i saw loads on middlewood road outside the medical centre opposite the driving test place, kids dont seem to bother much now.

I went Chestnut picking to Cuckney and was disappointed at the size this year but conker picking is good on Littlemoor near Eckington

Want to take my little one conker picking this weekend, . Can anyone direct me to find conker trees around please

There's a few large trees in Hillsborough park , a very large one near to middlewood road , in front of the library .

Dont know about this year but last year i saw loads on middlewood road outside the medical centre opposite the driving test place, kids dont seem to bother much now.

Those trees are almost bare. Went past on the 268 bus earlier today.

I have just noticed you're in S5 , there's plenty of parks around , but Woolly woods at the bottom of Concorde park would be my choice , if you drive there is a car park at the end of Ecclesfield road next to the play area . On a dry day it's a nice way of spending a few hours.

or you could try morrisons car park at ecclesfield

if you head towards the furthest point in the car park towards Chapeltown, there are usually loads knocking about there when they start dropping

So where are the best places near by to pick Sweet Chestnuts ?

The Rising Sun on Abbeydale road has a big conker tree in the car park that usually drops loads

Those trees are almost bare. Went past on the 268 bus earlier today.

AMEY decided to de-conker the trees for health and safety reasons. The long term plan is to replace mature trees with saplings which won't produce conkers, preventing children from any conkering accidents.

Edited by -xsf
sp