Donating blankets, food, etc to a rescue or similar

Hi, I hope someone can help.

Our very beloved fifteen year old dog passed away last Friday, and we have food, treats, dog blankets, nappies and pads that we would really like to give to dogs in need.

The problem seems to be that we don't want to just dump her things at a shop somewhere. The children would really like to see, even if only from a distance, that there are actual animals that will be helped out. They've been devastated at the loss, and I think this will help.

Rain Rescue have tried to help, but they're very overstretched and can only really deal with us bringing stuff to the shop.

Does anyone please, please have any ideas? Our dog's ashes are being returned on Tuesday, and I would like the goodbye we have with her then to be what we remember, not be running about everywhere afterwards with a bag of her belongings.

im waiting for requests from the dog rescue in Mosborough and the RSPCA, but time is running out, so if we get knock backs from them, as well, I need a plan.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!! We lost our dog last August and we are still utterly devastated and would give absolutely anything to have her back!!

I collect bedding, food, toys, treats etc for a couple of different dog rescues and would be happy to collect the items you would like to donate and pass them on for other dogs to benefit from if you would like me to?

Thank you, that's very kind.

I think we're going to head out to Thornberry tomorrow.

Condolences on your loss xxx

So sorry to hear of your loss, cosywolf