Bright light over sheffield 14/10/2015

Wasn't the ISS, that passed over just after 7pm last night.

a lot of people are gonna brand me a nut job for what im about to post to that im going to say if got nothing nice to say or if your not interested then go away. *rant over*

last night around (14/10/15) between 10:30-11:15 my partner and I was looking for our missing cat sooty. we was in the garden and from my house at night you get some of the most stunning views of Sheffield, meadowhall, Attercliffe areas. it was clear in the sky and at that particular moment in time I looked up. I was amazed at the fact that a bright light appeared from nowhere, it stayed in 1 spot for aprox 3 seconds and then bolted across the sky at speed. now its faster than a plane and is definitely faster than a first bus, it didn't flash with any other lights and didn't make a sound.

Im not saying its aliens, a ufo or anything out the ordinary. I am very interested in science and did very well in my GCSEs for science and astrology is one of my favourite parts of science and I know for a fact that couldn't be a meteor or asteroid as it had no trail following it I do know that meteors and asteroids can in appear in our skys from nowhere and disappear in the same way it started but to appear, fly across the sky and disappear and leave no trail behind it is rather odd.

I want to point out im not a believer in alien's or ufos however this has my curiosity going about what me and my partner saw.

did anyone else see anything last night?

Tomorrow evening.. (Friday the 16th).. at 6.57 and again at 8.34...the 'International space station' will be coming over from the West.. it will appear high in the sky...for about 4 minutes. if the sky is clear..you can't miss it.. take a look. However the I.S.S doesn't stop or shoot off... but you can compare with what you saw...

I want to point out im not a believer in alien's or ufos however this has my curiosity going about what me and my partner saw.

Definitely aliens :nod:

Did it look like the second one in this video:

---------- Post added 15-10-2015 at 23:21 ----------

Tomorrow evening.. (Friday the 16th).. at 6.57 and again at 8.34...the 'International space station' will be coming over from the West.. it will appear high in the sky...for about 4 minutes. if the sky is clear..you can't miss it.. take a look. However the I.S.S doesn't stop or shoot off... but you can compare with what you saw...

This is how the ISS looks:

Definitely aliens :nod:

Did it look like the second one in this video:

similar to last 10 seconds of that video. it just sort of appeared then travel across the sky then disappeared

A couple of points.

Firstly, however certain you feel you were about size, speed, distance and height, in fact people are prone to make big mistakes about things like that.

Secondly, it is not the case that all meteors/shooting stars must have trails. So what you "know for a fact" is not actually something you can be sure of at all.

Given those two points, it's quite hard to answer your question.

It could have been a meteor/ite. It could have been a Chinese lantern. It could have been aircraft of some kind. Given all the things it could have been, alien spacecraft is probably the least likely.

a lot of people are gonna brand me a nut job for what im about to post to that im going to say if got nothing nice to say or if your not interested then go away. *rant over*

last night around (14/10/15) between 10:30-11:15 my partner and I was looking for our missing cat sooty. we was in the garden and from my house at night you get some of the most stunning views of Sheffield, meadowhall, Attercliffe areas. it was clear in the sky and at that particular moment in time I looked up. I was amazed at the fact that a bright light appeared from nowhere, it stayed in 1 spot for aprox 3 seconds and then bolted across the sky at speed. now its faster than a plane and is definitely faster than a first bus, it didn't flash with any other lights and didn't make a sound.

Im not saying its aliens, a ufo or anything out the ordinary. I am very interested in science and did very well in my GCSEs for science and astrology is one of my favourite parts of science and I know for a fact that couldn't be a meteor or asteroid as it had no trail following it I do know that meteors and asteroids can in appear in our skys from nowhere and disappear in the same way it started but to appear, fly across the sky and disappear and leave no trail behind it is rather odd.

Definitely the right time and route for when Alcoblog is on his return journey from feeding the Hillsbro tree Penguins in his Alcocopter, which coincidently is fueled solely on cat juice (think War of the Worlds/Tom Cruise).:P

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

A couple of points.

Firstly, however certain you feel you were about size, speed, distance and height, in fact people are prone to make big mistakes about things like that.

Secondly, it is not the case that all meteors/shooting stars must have trails. So what you "know for a fact" is not actually something you can be sure of at all.

Given those two points, it's quite hard to answer your question.

It could have been a meteor/ite. It could have been a Chinese lantern. It could have been aircraft of some kind. Given all the things it could have been, alien spacecraft is probably the least likely.

I understand what your saying but I very much doubt a Chinese lantern ripped a across a short section of sky. I didn't say it was alien all im saying it was a bright light and I was mainly asking if anyone else had seen it. judging by responses im getting the answer is no. ive gone through footage of "ufos" "brightlights" and "meteors"

and the only thing that came close to what I saw was the video posted by soloman1.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 07:55 ----------

Definitely the right time and route for when Alcoblog is on his return journey from feeding the Hillsbro tree Penguins in his Alcocopter, which coincidently is fuel solely on cat juice (think War of the Worlds/Tom Cruise).:P

if you think I was on the <removed> when this happened you are very much mistaken I don't smoke, take drugs or drink.

Edited by Groose
masked swearing

Natstall, there is a member called Alcoblog, who is commonly known on here for living in area 51 1/2 and there are plenty of penguin/copter jokes.

I'm pretty sure that Glasgowoods isn't taking the mickey there that you were in any way drunk. Although I can see why you thought he maybe if you're not used to seeing people post that way.

So with the jokes guys, please do tone it back a wee bit.

Also we do request that you don't swear. Since we are a family friendly forum.

I understand what your saying but I very much doubt a Chinese lantern ripped a across a short section of sky. I didn't say it was alien all im saying it was a bright light and I was mainly asking if anyone else had seen it. judging by responses im getting the answer is no. ive gone through footage of "ufos" "brightlights" and "meteors"

and the only thing that came close to what I saw was the video posted by soloman1.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 07:55 ----------

if you think I was on the <removed> when this happened you are very much mistaken I don't smoke, take drugs or drink.

Apologies natsall... We get a lot of sightings up here in Scotland of the Loch Ness Monster (even on Sauchiehall Street/early hours, after pubs turn out) On that occasion it were true (Halloween costume). Then there were the thread on here (which caused absolute panic amongst forummers) when Alcoblog reported seeing 24 Russian Mig fighters over Gleadless...This turned out to be Bert's bored son (Finbar) who living in a high rise got a bit bored, so decided to make paper planes out of his mums 'Kay's catalogue' then launched them over the Verandah.

You will get a variety of posters on here who can help you solve some of lives mysteries. My fields of expertise are...Law, Science, Psychology, all sports, the arts and anything to do with females.

I saw the same thing around the same time but I was looking at it from Waverley estate. I reached the conclusion it was coming from one of the furnaces at the Steelworks down Shepcote lane way. As you say it was only there for a couple of seconds which I thought was strange.

similar to last 10 seconds of that video. it just sort of appeared then travel across the sky then disappeared

Believe it or not mate

But them's were aliens :nod:

Or humans using alien technology - is the other theory! :)

Those who deny these sightings as pure bunkum can't actually believe that in a universe as large as the one we live in that we are the only planet with life forms and technology to go into space although not that far ?

Surely we must believe that something else is out there with tech to reach other planets and may even be living amongst us now in the form of and animal or other creature on this planet.

I dunno, i'd like to believe and i'd like an explanation into these sightings but we never get any solid proof or is it all a cover up, or are we led to believe that a universe exists when we are the only living planet.

How much do you want to believe, how much is fact, how much is withheld from us ?