Sheffield wildlife by night.

I see foxes and the odd owl from our bedroom late evening / early morning ... often hear the owls calling - I like winter / autumn as the trees are bare and they are much easier to spot. Although I have to say it is harder to see them on roof tops now that the new LED lighting has been installed, as there is very limited upward lighting now.

I've never seen a badger, but OH has seen on one our road and some on the parkway. He also nearly came a cropper on his bike in the woods near us recently when he found himself suddenly upon a little grouping of them :)

May I ask, mc55 - what is odd about the owl?

I bought one of those night vision wild life cameras. The foxes I expected, though not 4 at once but the badgers were a surprise treat and that's just a stones throw from South Road

I bought one of those night vision wild life cameras. The foxes I expected, though not 4 at once but the badgers were a surprise treat and that's just a stones throw from South Road

I've had a very simliar experience! Bought a trail camera in July of this year and it filmed various foxes which I knew we had. But it also filmed a badger which I wasn't expecting at all. We also get the odd tawny owl too. Oh, and I live near Barnsley road.

We often have hedgehogs in our back garden :)
You're very lucky! I've not seen any hedgehogs for about 5 years now.

There was a hedgehog out during the day for about three days which they say means there is smething wrong. He never rolled into a ball and kept going onto the road. Then the crows started to hang around. So I took him to the vets. I could feel his chest ruttling. The gave him fluids during the night but had to put him to sleep the following morning. He wasn't well at all. I know people will say I should have left it to nature. But I couldn't stand and watch the crows do what they do. The vets at Firth Park brilliant.

See Fox's around S12 quite often in a morning, as soon as they see me, they'll dash off into a garden. Once saw the mother fox (I assume) and 3/4 cubs following her. Was lovely to see.

For a city Sheffield has such a fantastic and diverse wildlife.

I often see foxes on the streets and in my garden plus I hear owls in the nearby park.

Even badgers come to visit my garden now and again.

I started to take pictures of my Garden Visitors and have a Facebook page to let people see, one or two of the foxes even have a fan club.

https://m.facebook.com/lardysgarden

Seen plenty of foxes around Beighton and Killamarsh at night.

I've seen a badger once near the Westfield school tram tracks.

Yet to see an owl but it's something I really hope to do soon, I figure there's got to be at least one in Beighton.

Spotted a little weasel at Rother Valley once when I was cycling.

And I nearly ran face first into a fluttering bat when I was jogging home through St Mary's Church in Beighton.

There's a hedgehog on the road at the moment but it's a little flatter than usual.

One of the reasons there are few hedgehogs about is that they are one of the favourite food of badgers who have really increased in numbers over the last few years.

Muntjac deer have been seen on School Lane at Norton.