Best Christmas markets you've been to? (local-ish)

Come to Chesterfield our market is fantastic.

But tiny. walked along all of it in about 5 mins last year and not a deal to get excited about, not many people there either.

Lincoln (crowded - needs to open more days), Manchester, Nottingham and a little further afield Birmingham are all good Christmas markets.

Edited by Joe-b-1

Manchester is good and not too far on the train.

Well worth a visit.

Sheffield has nothing in comparison.

Edited by Daven

Lincoln probably is the best but if you can navigate and combine a trip in the City it can be good. There is also Durham a bit further too - but I think Lincoln is the Daddy! On the few occasions I've been to Manchester it was too far spread out to even contemplate enjoying!

Lincoln is chaotic and not for the fainthearted.

You get swept along with the crowd and don't stand a chance if you want to stop at a stall and look at something. I would be amazed if anyone actually has the time to buy anything tbh.

Manchester is far more civilised and leisurely. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit last year and is not much of a jaunt on the train. Friendly folk, good food and interesting stalls.

I'd do Lincoln, just go on a quieter day or time.

Please lets not have a thread on the Sheffield one, we all know how underwhelming it is.

Edited by 999tigger

I agree with Daven about Lincoln Market. They introduced a one way system and you just get swept along with the crowds.

Also, the last time I looked the trains werent great, youre really limited if you want a direct one.

Its a shame because it is a lovely market.

Been to Lincoln and York, in my opinion York was a bit small and quiet. Lincoln was amazing though. Taking my little one this year :)