Car damage whilst parked

Hi Forumers i parked my car in the car park behind Farmfoods on Bradfield road did some shopping and when I returned the car had damage to the rear obviously someone had reversed into it and drove off,

Does anyone know who to ring to try and get evidence from the camera this happened Monday afternoon between 16-00 and 17-00

Hi Forumers i parked my car in the car park behind Farmfoods on Bradfield road did some shopping and when I returned the car had damage to the rear obviously someone had reversed into it and drove off,

Does anyone know who to ring to try and get evidence from the camera this happened Monday afternoon between 16-00 and 17-00

Well I would start with ringing Farmfoods and asking them who has (if any) CCTV footage of the car park. I would expect there is some there other than Excel or whoever.

I think the car park 'security' companies probably only watch who goes in and out, as they're after money only, not security.

Have a look around the parking area I think I am right in saying that notices have to be displayed giving contact details for cctv operators on/in public areas.

Highview parking should have cctv because they do the security there.

Highview parking should have cctv because they do the security there.

No they only run the anpr cameras

In my experience if you don't have an eye witness who has details of the car that did it... Your just going to have to take it on the chin.

Even if there is a CCTV camera that was pointing in the direction of your car at the exact time of the accident, your not going to get a number plate from it.

My work gwta dozens of requests for this type of CCTV every week, the footage is always checked, yet I have never seen a number plate of an offending vehicle reported back.