Any (farm?) shops that sell carp bait powders

Basically I'm after the usual carp bait powders (soya bean meal, lamlac, fishmeal, animal feeding pellets etc) for a reasonable price. Is there any farm shop in or near Sheffield that sells the stuff which I can pick up? I don't mind picking up 20/25 kg bags. I rather go to a shop than buy it online. Just looking for a new dealer :) Is semolina available in bulk too? (opposed to raiding asda's shelves)

Last time I did this I lived in Holland so its all a bit new to me in England and I have no idea where to get this stuff outside supermarkets.

Any help is much appreciated.

You sound like a man after my own heart. we're a bit marooned here in sheffield in terms of big fish waters!

Ive bought particles from these guys before, which were decent but not ingredients yet as tend to use CC Moore online.

BJF Feeds

Low Laithe Farm

Manor Road

Wales

Sheffield

S26 5PR

http://www.bjffeeds.co.uk/categories/BJF-Fishing-Baits/Powder-Additives/

You sound like a man after my own heart. we're a bit marooned here in sheffield in terms of big fish waters!

Ive bought particles from these guys before, which were decent but not ingredients yet as tend to use CC Moore online.

BJF Feeds

Low Laithe Farm

Manor Road

Wales

Sheffield

S26 5PR

http://www.bjffeeds.co.uk/categories/BJF-Fishing-Baits/Powder-Additives/

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I was getting a notification when someone replied to my post but I never got any....

I did notice that place you mentioned but when comparing with , for example fishmeal, they seem a bit off in price to what I read on forums on the interweb (not sure if the prices are true). I hoped there was more to pick from...

I've never fished in England but just looking at the waters surrounding Sheffield there must be something in it. Damflask, Broomhead, Dale Dyke etc.

Not getting much info on reports but would you shout out online that you caught 20/30 odd pounders in your local puddle? I think not :) PM if you want hehe. (worth a try)

Edited by Joffrey

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I was getting a notification when someone replied to my post but I never got any....

I did notice that place you mentioned but when comparing with , for example fishmeal, they seem a bit off in price to what I read on forums on the interweb (not sure if the prices are true). I hoped there was more to pick from...

I've never fished in England but just looking at the waters surrounding Sheffield there must be something in it. Damflask, Broomhead, Dale Dyke etc.

Not getting much info on reports but would you shout out online that you caught 20/30 odd pounders in your local puddle? I think not :) PM if you want hehe. (worth a try)

Problem is, a lot of the waters around Sheffield can't be fished, and many of those that can be fished hold very few big carp. (allegedly).

I'm aware of fisheries but I don't want to fish those if they have been loaded with carp that can be caught without any pre-thought of feeding, finding hotspots, checking depths etc. I like the process of preparing and live the illusion I found a spot nobody knows about :) So what biggish reservoirs/lakes around Sheffield can/can't be fished and had some reports of carp being caught? I guess I have to find out the hard way whether those lakes hold big carp. I'm happy with 20-30 pounders.

I was amazed you are not allowed to fish Ladybower with groundbait (or something like that) I understood from their website I'm not allowed to boilie fish there. But, again, I don't even know if it holds any carp.

there are definitely waters within reach for the kind of angling youre after. lots of people want the instant bite but if you are looking for somewhere to put the effort in. Do you fish nights or just days? Most of the ress hold a very small head of carp - and most have no angling or other prohibitive factors. Maybe send me a pm with a bit more about what youre after and Ill try and help. Re. prices i would say that fishmeal in general is rocketing up. If you want to buy local that is your best bet, if not things can be got cheaper on the net - again id highly recommend cc moore

There are a couple that sell baits, if they sell what you're after I'm not sure.

There's a place on Cricket Inn road just past the junction with Maltravers road they definitely sell fish meal,hemp, tares, chicken pellets and things like bloodworm pellets liver pellets. All can be bought in bulk.

Also just out of Sheffield off Laughton Common is a farm shop that has bait, I have had groundbaits and pellets again not sure of baits I don't use.

The shop on Laughton Common is about a quarter of a mile from Side Farm which is between Thurcroft and Dinnington.

Edited by Mr Hinks

Thanks for the replies.

BJF Feeds & Laughton Common look like the ones I'm going to check out.

I'm trying to balance affordable vs good bait.

I'm living 15 minute bike ride from Rother Valley so that Killamarsh pit seems like a good start (it ain't easy I've heard) There some more waters on this end but the resevoirs on the other end seem interesting as well.

Scratch22, I've never fished waters that were stocked specifically for carp fishermen. I always looked bigger 'wild' water in Holland, pre bait for a week or two and fished it and just continued. Not catching much but it felt my hard work paid off (rather have a 20-25 pounder than bunch of 10 pounders). I'll be doing something similar again but going to experiment with several types of boilies. (fishmeal, spice, animal feed etc)

I'm starting off in spring (when it stops freezing) with 24 hour sessions with a night in the middle and see how it goes. Just preparing and start rolling tons of bait after xmass (Jan/Feb).

The place on Cricket inn road is primarily a pet food supplier that may be better than the one. I still wouldn't discount Laughton common without checking what they have. The entrance to their shop is through the farm gate the shop is on the left, use the bell if the shop is closed.

The place on Cricket inn road is primarily a pet food supplier that may be better than the one. I still wouldn't discount Laughton common without checking what they have. The entrance to their shop is through the farm gate the shop is on the left, use the bell if the shop is closed.

Cheers I will look into it. Ideally looking for non angler prices ;)

---------- Post added 07-11-2015 at 13:26 ----------

is this the place?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3842043,-1.4492495,3a,75y,210.12h,79.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNOl3cyU1VEmd1rFpqHRHWQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Thanks for the replies.

BJF Feeds & Laughton Common look like the ones I'm going to check out.

I'm trying to balance affordable vs good bait.

I'm living 15 minute bike ride from Rother Valley so that Killamarsh pit seems like a good start (it ain't easy I've heard) There some more waters on this end but the resevoirs on the other end seem interesting as well.

Scratch22, I've never fished waters that were stocked specifically for carp fishermen. I always looked bigger 'wild' water in Holland, pre bait for a week or two and fished it and just continued. Not catching much but it felt my hard work paid off (rather have a 20-25 pounder than bunch of 10 pounders). I'll be doing something similar again but going to experiment with several types of boilies. (fishmeal, spice, animal feed etc)

I'm starting off in spring (when it stops freezing) with 24 hour sessions with a night in the middle and see how it goes. Just preparing and start rolling tons of bait after xmass (Jan/Feb).

:hihi::hihi: Good of you to join us Joffrey - spotted you from a mile off!;)

Nethermoor/Killamarsh is a tough nut to crack, and the baits suggested to you by Mr hinks aka Sheff13 muddy puddle dweller, will get you nothing other than a blank.

Good quality baits such as Mainline Cell and The Source score highly - they have been weened on these for several years. They may cost a few quid, but a small amount of them will bring more results than a fortunes worth of the duff baits that have been suggested by out of touch pole anglers.

Good luck fella - tight lines.:)

:hihi::hihi: Good of you to join us Joffrey - spotted you from a mile off!;)

Nethermoor/Killamarsh is a tough nut to crack, and the baits suggested to you by Mr hinks aka Sheff13 muddy puddle dweller, will get you nothing other than a blank.

Good quality baits such as Mainline Cell and The Source score highly - they have been weened on these for several years. They may cost a few quid, but a small amount of them will bring more results than a fortunes worth of the duff baits that have been suggested by out of touch pole anglers.

Good luck fella - tight lines.:)

Enlightening critique well done young man and very good avice I'm sure.