M1 closed southbound Jnc 25 to Jnc 24

I drove past this accident on my way home from the airport last night, shocking scene...

I got caught in this! 3 hrs from J26 to J25. Ruined my day.

What made it worse I needed a pee!

I got caught in this! 3 hrs from J26 to J25. Ruined my day.

What made it worse I needed a pee!

What a sad cheap comment that was, just sums up the whole 'me me' attitude these days. I think the families of those involved will feel worse than you ever could. Shame on you.

What a sad cheap comment that was, just sums up the whole 'me me' attitude these days. I think the families of those involved will feel worse than you ever could. Shame on you.

Harsh. Of course the families will feel worse - thats obvious but other people will be disrupted and effected. What about families with kids stuck in a car for 3 hours or more when they weren't expecting it? Do they get to feel your wrath as well? And to be honest I can't imagine being sat in traffic for 3 hours will be a whole lot of fun with a full bladder.

Sad cheap comment?

Do you get a kick out of what you said?

You are also a sad person for saying such a thing!

Get a life!

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 18:12 ----------

3 hours was only between the two junctions. I had a failed 3 hour journey that took 5 1/2 hrs. And did I know it was due to a fatal accident at 2.30am at 4pm?

Jesus some people.

Edited by GerryBooth

Sad cheap comment?

Get a life!

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 18:12 ----------

3 hours was only between the two junctions. I had a failed 3 hour journey that took 5 1/2 hrs. And did I know it was due to a fatal accident at 2.30am at 4pm?

Jesus some people.

You know when you posted your comment.

2 people can't "get a life"

Twit

What is wrong with people on SF?

So touchy.

So I didn,t say rip? The opening poster didn't either. And im am not going to either. My gripe is not with the 87 year old but the Highway Agency.

My reply to you has an 'a' in it.

Hahahahaha sad and cheap comment? You having a laugh? If that offends you then you really are the sad one indeed! The crash was at 2:30am so by that time the deceased would have been taken away surely the gripe here is the highways agencies decision to close the entire motorway for the rest of the day to replace the central reservation when they could have closed one lane and done it over night.

Sad cheap comment?

Get a life!

Oh the irony

I think you shouldnt be able to drive after 80 anyway as you are past it.

Hahahahaha sad and cheap comment? You having a laugh? If that offends you then you really are the sad one indeed! The crash was at 2:30am so by that time the deceased would have been taken away surely the gripe here is the highways agencies decision to close the entire motorway for the rest of the day to replace the central reservation when they could have closed one lane and done it over night.

I'm not so sure about that, the vehicles involved were still at the scene well in to the day, accident investigators would have needed to take their time to determine what and how it all happened and most likely, waited until first light so they don't miss anything. Then there is the clear up, debris etc... before the team can arrive to repair/replace the barrier. Also, I'm sure Radio Sheffield reported that the actual morotway needed relaying in certain areas. Can't just close one lane off if it was spread over more than one lane, can you ?

Open up one or two lanes and you risk the rubberneckers who want to see what the hold up was. Due to this being a big accident, you can bet loads would want a look as they pass. Much safe to just keep it closed and do it all in one go.

link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3271162/Pictured-Loving-father-27-died-head-smash-87-year-old-drove-WRONG-WAY-M1-2am.html

Edited by byeo