Euthanasia and cremation

He's booked in for a home visit tomorrow.

I've decided on a private cremation with Sheffield Pet Crematorium, as he'll only stay overnight and then I can collect him Wednesday. Couldn't bare the thought of him being put in a bin bag and stored in a freezer until next Monday at the Vets.

The Vets say he's still bright, but I can see the difference and I think he's a little pale. I'm not going to leave it any later for him to become poorly and unhappy.

If you know that you're doing the right thing at the right time then stick to your guns honey. As others have said, better a month too early than a moment too late. There is no doubt that this will be a hard process, but you need to be able to live with your actions later, and I find the way to regret less is to let them go when you know that you're preventing every bit of suffering that you can.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow :)

Elizabeth13 we will be thinking of you. Big hug xx

(((Hugs))) I still miss Ailsa, we arranged for our vet to come to our home on the day she was pts (she had lung cancer and was fitting on and off over her final weekend). It was the hardest decision but the right one. She tottered around our garden on a beautiful sunny day and did lots of happy dog things with us before Alistair came. Afterwards, we drove her to the cremation service (we used an out of town one) and the laid her out so we could say a final goodbye :( it was more than four years ago but I wont forget it. Thinking of you for tomorrow

Yes, he's not really eaten today at all and was sick this afternoon, so we had a little nip to Vets for a jab of painkillers and antiemetics to keep us comfortable. He's tired so easily now, but still happy and excited by walks so, it is the time I think. Less than a week diagnosed.

The Vet we saw today went through the same thing with her dog, she said. Except she chose to remove the spleen which only brought them an extra few weeks, and in the end she felt they left it a couple days too late and should've maybe stopped before that.

Thanks everyone, it's been a brutal few days since his shocking diagnosis last Wednesday. It's still hard to believe a week ago he was his normal happy self. To me, in comparison, it's quite the change.

My heart goes out to you, what a horrible decision to have to make. I can only reiterate what others have said, if it's inevitable do it sooner rather than later, and pray some day that we'll be able to adopt the same caring attitude to humans in this country, that we are able to do for animals.

Wishing you all the best at what is a devastating, and awful time.

xxxx

Steve from Peak vets came to my home , which made the whole situation more bearable

Steve from Peak vets came to my home , which made the whole situation more bearable

I think by the looks of things it'll be Steve coming to mine too