Another soft judge

Some Judges are clearly not in touch with the real world :loopy:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-thief-who-stole-sports-car-before-70mph-police-chase-for-a-bag-of-heroin-avoids-jail-1-7500026#comments-area

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/danger-teenager-put-behind-bars-1-322105

Words fail me, the actions of the offender has carried out throughout this life, his latest conviction ends up to a suspended sentence despite injury and damaged he caused could have killed somebody, I hope his children are carefully monitored and he does get the supervision needed as a sex offender.

How long would you have locked him away for? Have you read his social reports? He sounds messed up and theyve already tried jail, so that might not be the answer. The judge will give the reasons for his decision. If the sentence is too lenient, then the prosecution can appeal.

How long would you have locked him away for? Have you read his social reports? He sounds messed up and theyve already tried jail, so that might not be the answer. The judge will give the reasons for his decision. If the sentence is too lenient, then the prosecution can appeal.

Given his history of violent offences from an early age, I would have gone for an indefinite sentence until no longer a threat to society, punching someone until they're unconscious in order to rape them at the age of 16, holding a pensioner at knife point known to the police thought Sheffield from an early age for playing the system.

Now at age 27 he's stealing cars for fixes, crashing them causing injuries to the public, he really needed a pat on the back for that didn't he.

Mostly irrelevant. He is obviously not safe to be out on the streets. If he has a mental illness then he should be in a secure mental unit for treatment. If not, then he clearly needs to be kept away from other people until he can change or learn how to control his behaviour.

I do understand your point, that we cannot simply lock up indefinitely, but there has to be something in between. 2 years in jail as a punishment but then an indefinite period in which he has a full curfew, supervision order ,behavioural therapy etc. but the cost of that would be horrendous.

There has to be a point where you simply cannot be trusted to be out on the streets without attacking someone and I'd say he's pretty close.

“He has only recently had a problem with class A drugs and was asked to take this car and it was for a bag of heroin.

“His partner is expecting their second child and he is very keen to become a father.

“He is 27 and there is time to change. He does not blame anyone else for what he has done.

“He is drug-free and there is a future in him, he knows this is his final chance.”

Next possible headline: Drug addict neglects newborn in favour of a quick fix ???

Scumbag's will always be scummy.

lock him up for a min of 10 years, hes a danger to decent society, we dont need people like this around our kids and on the roads, we have too many around like him.

you sound like you're part of the problem:roll::roll: what should be done? send him on an all expenses paid holiday?

Sometimes a jail sentence is used as a deterrent, and sometimes a jail sentence is used to protect the public from people who are prepared to injure, or possibly kill members of the public. Make up your own mind!

The bleeding heart judge a few,weeks ago that sentenced the so and so that sexually assaulted three of my nephews, and tried to kill two of them when he was caught was pathetic.

He was found guilty on all five counts.

She ordered that he pay.... wait for it....

FIFTEEN POUNDS per child, given a 2 year supervision order, and has not even been ordered to sign the sex offenders register. It's an absolute insult.

I am appalled and extremely angry.

I feel like my nephews have been betrayed by the justice system. I have seen harsher punishments meted out for talking in class.

Mods please note no identifiers of either the convicted nor the victims have been given. If necessary I will provide details of the date of trial and date of sentencing, in this case to verify what I am saying.

I do not want to see the convicted person lynched. However I strongly feel he should have been put in a,secure unit where he can cause no harm to other children like my nephews, going on this conviction and his known previous propensity for sexual and physical violence.

Edited by Plain Talker
Weeks is not spelt with a j

Except you havent read the social reports or listened to why the judge made his decision. It does seem light, but id prefer to have seen the evidence and understood why. I know its difficult for people on sheffield forum to do that. If the prosecution feel it was too lenient they can appeal.

Kate I agree, but im just saying before condemning the judge, then you have to understand hes seen evidence and information none of us have. The guy has issues and it seems he was messed up from an early age. He's going to need a lot more than prison to sort himself out.

If Sheffiled forummer fany s abit of sentencing, then become magistrates or retrain as lawyers.

Mostly irrelevant. He is obviously not safe to be out on the streets. If he has a mental illness then he should be in a secure mental unit for treatment.
Bingo.

Problem is, all the secure units just lock people away for a period of time and don't actually offer them any productive therapy... which is just ridiculous!! Mental health services are already in a complete mess, and they're still trying to chip off more and more.

So I don't hold much hope that this man's mental wellbeing will ever really be improved. And it's not just about this being an issue for him, it's also a massive issue for the people who his actions affect.

Pity they can't just shove a rod up his nose and scramble whats left of his tiny mind.

Pity they can't just shove a rod up his nose and scramble whats left of his tiny mind.

If it was allowed would that be your solution?