Sheffield Wednesday

I will be happier once we've beaten some of the Championships bigger hitters - Hull, QPR, Boro etc as up to now we have not got the results in these games despite playing well.

what a enjoyable read ,thanks mr corker,i see we all sing from the same hymn sheet.up the owls

An excellent post.

There's certainly more reason for optimism than for many a year before.

WAWAW.

I'm normally a proper pessimist about Wednesday unless we have what I consider 'a diamond'. Jack Charlton was a diamond, but the Koh i Noor of diamonds was Ron Atkinson. I expected to win every game when he was in charge.

I'm still cautious about CC (and he doesn't deserve my dithering) but the squad we have, and the football played, and the style of play continues to impress me.

I'm waiting for (the inevitable) crash and the loss of form to arrive.

BUT, for some reason, the feel good feeling won't go away. The 'inevitable' crash doesn't seem remotely on the horizon, and even I think we'll continue to improve and prosper. I wouldn't tempt fate with talking about the 'P' word, but it's the best I've seen at S6 for some considerable time.

The Yorkshire Post made us pre-season favourites for relegation. They could end up with the biggest egg EVER on their face.

WAWAW.

My old Dad was a life time Wednesdayite he always said Wednesday seem to have ten good years and then ten crap years,if you look back in the past it seems to be about right,,this is probably the longest bad run they have had so I think they are due a good run,this new manager seems to be putting a decent team together with a few more wins behind them and the confidence growing in the team we should be competing for a least a playoff position this year,I think if CC does get us promoted he will be poached by one of the big teams in the premiership most likely chelsea.

Edited by Lobos

In the early 1990s Sheffield Wednesday Football Club were a true force in English football, competing in Cup finals, European competitions and challenging the elite in the game at the top of the first division, and then the newly formed Premier League.

LOL

A lucky cup win, a 3rd in the league, uefa cup 2nd round and the intertoto cup. True force lol.

In the early 1990s Sheffield Wednesday Football Club were a true force in English football, competing in Cup finals, European competitions and challenging the elite in the game at the top of the first division, and then the newly formed Premier League.

LOL

A lucky cup win, a 3rd in the league, uefa cup 2nd round and the intertoto cup. True force lol.

and the blades have............

oh yea scored the first ever premier league goal Oo

are there any united supporters still living can remember the last time you lot won a trophy?or are they all in city road

Another decent thread starting to go slightly askew...:(:(

-mod hat off-

Keep it nice guys, cause you know what will happen if it doesn't...I'd rather not have to officially do anything in here..but...yeah.

-mod hat off-

Keep it nice guys, cause you know what will happen if it doesn't...I'd rather not have to officially do anything in here..but...yeah.

OOOO, get you... When did you get the Mod nod??? :thumbsup: