Has anyone lost a bright green parrot?

Just had a bright green parrot/parakeet on our birdfeeder in Norton Lees!

Just had a bright green parrot/parakeet on our birdfeeder in Norton Lees!

I heard there's a colony in Meersbrook park?

Weeres tha gone to then, Duffems? Not emigrated darn Sarf astha?

My Daughter lost their parrot a few weeks ago they live in the 55 area near the northern general hospital,he was a green parrot.

Seen one flying around my garden in Handsworth over last few days making a right racket. Not sure if its wild or an escapee.

I can confirm that a green parrot is alive and well in the wild at Darnall. Paid us a visit at Davy Markham on Prince of Wales Road. Apparently a house across the road feeds it

the ones that keep being reported on Facebook are Indian Ringnecked Parakeets. I owned one in the 70s/80s, he suffered with a growth in his throat and eventually had to be PTS. Lovely birds, (bright green with a red beak and the males have a band of black round their necks). Renowned for escaping and apparently there are colonies of them around the UK. I would love to see one in my garden, makes a change from wood pigeons! (and I would like to own another, one day).#

Oh yes and they DO have a very loud, unmelodic shriek.

Edited by katkin