Has anyone lost a bright green parrot?

There's a bright green parrot on the roof of our office. Has anyone lost said bird? He seems quite happy and in good nick, but the resident magpies don't look best pleased.

No chance the health and safety police will let anyone up there though so you'll have to coax it down!

prob will be a indian ringneck

I can confirm it is an Indian Ringneck.

Where on earth is this? I read it in a paper (a free newspaper thing) that cos of it being really hot nowadays with all the climate stuff that parrots and other birds of paradise etc are all coming to migrate and live here for a bit. There was like 2000 parrots down south I think recently so maybe it's one of them?

After reading about it, I think it is the same species that are breeding in London, so maybe it's just migrated up here or something?

Up Parkway Business Park, near Costco and Makro.

After reading about it, I think it is the same species that are breeding in London, so maybe it's just migrated up here or something?

Up Parkway Business Park, near Costco and Makro.

It's better up here so I don't blame them parrots.

Ah, I was up that way of town earlier this week with my friend Daniel. He'd gotten a job interview in this place called Quadrant 1. I spent a couple of hours searching for the other 3 Quadrants but I only managed to find 1 more!

Ah, I was up that way of town earlier this week with my friend Daniel. He'd gotten a job interview in this place called Quadrant 1. I spent a couple of hours searching for the other 3 Quadrants but I only managed to find 1 more!

Yep there are definitely only 2! How you can have only 2 quadrants I'm not quite sure, but that's what they decided.

Oh and I also migrated north like this parakeet, so I definitely can't blame it either.

Green parakeets flying around Unstone. Apparently, are a nuisance, not nice birds.

Have you fallen out with Stephen or has he just changed his name to Daniel?

Here you go They are resident in Sheffield as well; I think sometimes seen round Nether Edge.

See Also this link

When I was working in the area a couple of years ago there was a small colony around Halfway/Westfield. I never saw more than two or three at once so they haven't reached the point where they become a nuisance.

I spoke to a man from Killamarsh who was trying to catch them with the hope of selling them.

Please don't confuse these green parrots with a couple of bright green penguins that've been twitched recently.

As part of the Hillsborough Tree collective, they were experimenting with chrome plating sticklebacks to swindle people into thinking they were more expensive sardines, but due to overindulgence of licorice juice, became inebriated and fell out of a tree, and into a vat of nickel sulphate.

The sticklebacks ended up being a bit green around the gills too.

Call the police if you see them.