Butchers shop recommendations

Another vote for Slatterys in the Moor Market they have fantastic offers quality meat and friendly staff I go there every time I am in town! :)

And another vote from us for Slatterys .

And another vote from us for Slatterys .

Yes and also try Micks Grade A meats in the market they also have fantastic offers and quality meat both are so much cheaper than the supermarkets and I always feel better after buying from a independant butcher than supermarket

It depends how high your standards are. Bowyers is basic, and if you need basic stuff, ie bog standard British beef, lamb and pork you'll be fine, nothing is particularly high quality, but it's cheap. Ian Quince in Ranmoor is much better for beef and lamb, and veal on occasion, he's a very good butcher and a nice man, I regularly buy beef and lamb joints from him. But his chicken is intensively reared, and the pork isn't that good.

S10 butchers in Broomhill is no where near as good as it looks, cheap meat dressed up a bit, at a high price. There's no where in the area I would buy pork or chicken from, you'll need to go a bit further afield to get decent free range meat, Chris Beech in Walkley is the place for that.

Good news, we have just taken over the Ian Quince shop in ranmoor, and we will be introducing our high welfare and free range products over the coming weeks, mr quince is staying on to manage it for us.

I rather like Bowyer's, down in Fulwood village .... and their pork is excellent if you buy the stuff from Whirlow.

Pattersons at Firth Park deliver for free if you spend £30. Excellent prices

Not quite S10 but I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Pat O'Brien' s on Ecclesall Rd at Banner Cross (S11).

Been there for almost 25yrs.

Excellent quality meat & a thoroughly nice guy where nothing's too much trouble.

We first went there after trying to get a particular cut of meat which is used in Scotland but not here.

After trying several well known established places, Pat was the only one who worked it out & we've been going there for several years since & had nothing but great service & excellent food.

We've recommended him to several friends who now go there & have nothing but good things to say about the staff & the quality.

Crawshaws Hillsborough not S10 (but not far)but brilliant been using them for years . Sausages really good and can supply the source of their farms used for beef etc

Crawshaws Hillsborough not S10 (but not far)but brilliant been using them for years . Sausages really good and can supply the source of their farms used for beef etc

Bowyers, the family have had butchers shops since the 1950's when they started on Darnall Road, The experience shows.

Are there any real pork butchers left locally? I used to enjoy proper polony but the last time I was able to get anything decent was in the old market.Sadly the stall does not appear to have transferred to that awful new place up the moor. Does anyone know where I can get proper polony, not this bright red plastic matteson type stuff?