Butchers shop recommendations

Yeah. I thought the Crawshaws on the Moor was a different company who sell good quality meat. The shop outside the Market sells very poor quality meat in my opinion and I wouldn't recommend it for much other than stews and so on. Crawshaws IN THE MARKET is much better quality, but I'd still prefer Simmonites up on Division Street.

Slattery's in the Moor market is the best butchers I've ever used - friendly staff too!

Chris beech for me.

Tried simmonites, cheap and cheerful not a patch om beeches who do best pork pies ever.

Is that butcher in Broomhill still there, near Select and Save? I went there once as a fresher, reeling from the price of chicken breast in supermarkets, and bought a load from him- it came out more expensive than I'd expected, but seeing as each breast was so large that it lasted me two meals, it was worth it!

Micks meat in the new market he was in the old place and has been going for years.For tomato sausage it has to be Tonys a couple of stalls higher up.For packs of meat and turkeys it has to be Parkway meats top quality and good prices also Smith Tissingtons for Chickens ,fish and turkeys in the market.

Borderview Farm Shop out in Holmesfield do excellent meat.

Another vote for Slatterys in the Moor Market they have fantastic offers quality meat and friendly staff I go there every time I am in town! :)

Websters at Gleadless town end for me.

I'll second that. Always beautiful meat from here.

I don't think you would get much better than John crawshaws in Hillsborough no morrisons local meat and very helpful butchers the best