Would you get buried in a cardboard coffin?

What's the difference between a woodland burial and a normal burial?

A tree is planted to mark the grave instead of a gravestone, and its in non religious ground.

This is a lovely one which is becoming nicely established woodland:

http://www.peacefunerals.co.uk/south_yorkshire_woodland_burial_ground

My question, albeit badly phrased, was how does a woodland burial fertilise the ground better than a normal burial? I cant see that it does.

Well, if a tree is planted instead of a gravestone or grass, surely that's contributing more oxygen to the planet?

I can't speak for ground fertilisation though.

Why do you actually need a coffin ? Why not just be wrapped in a simple cloth , the body is a shell and will go into the ground and decompose so much quicker than in a coffin ! Personally I don't want a coffin just put me on a hole or burn my shell

Well over here we quite like to carry the dead on our shoulders out of the Church (or whatever) and then place them onto the grave site.

I think people wouldn't quite be so up for it if it was just the body in abit of cloth, plus there's a greater chance someone drops the poor sod and they go rolling down the path.

Well over here we quite like to carry the dead on our shoulders out of the Church (or whatever) and then place them onto the grave site.

I think people wouldn't quite be so up for it if it was just the body in abit of cloth, plus there's a greater chance someone drops the poor sod and they go rolling down the path.

Muslim funerals arrive with the body in cloth in a coffin, then the body is taken out of the coffin and placed in the grave. This way you can still carry the coffin to the grave.

The last one I attended where the body wasn't in a coffin, it was in a re-usable basket.

The last one I attended where the body wasn't in a coffin, it was in a re-usable basket.

Nowt wrong with that.:thumbsup:

Muslim funerals arrive with the body in cloth in a coffin, then the body is taken out of the coffin and placed in the grave. This way you can still carry the coffin to the grave.

We don't have anything to learn from Muslim culture.

Why do you actually need a coffin ? Why not just be wrapped in a simple cloth , the body is a shell and will go into the ground and decompose so much quicker than in a coffin ! Personally I don't want a coffin just put me on a hole or burn my shell

Are you the 'teeny mutant ninja turtle'?:huh:

Are you the 'teeny mutant ninja turtle'?:huh:

no but my body is shell which contains my soul and when I die , I wont be in that body

I have arranged my funeral and I am going in a cardboard box with, Not wanted on voyage, written on the side.Hope it gives people a laugh.