Would you get buried in a cardboard coffin?

Burials and cremations are quite expensive these days and the mark-up price for coffins is horrendous. I just wondered if people object to being buried in a cardboard coffin?

Burials and cremations are quite expensive these days and the mark-up price for coffins is horrendous. I just wondered if people object to being buried in a cardboard coffin?

I would now, but not if I was dead.

I would now, but not if I was dead.

Wise guy.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yes, why not?

I think the funeral is highly over rated. Why not a simple body disposal service instead of all this wooden box business and expensive hearse car?

Yes, why not?

I think the funeral is highly over rated. Why not a simple body disposal service instead of all this wooden box business and expensive hearse car?

Yea something easy, like incinerating the bodies?????

Yes, why not?

I was thinking the same, the vet can dispose of a dead dog so why not offer the same service for humans, put as much as possible to good use and dispose of the rest in the most environmentally friendly way possible.

I would. What's the point of the time and expense going into a fancy coffin that's going in the ground or gets burnt (do they cremate the coffin?)

If memory serves, cardboard coffins are cheap, they're more expensive that wood ones. They'd have to be sturdy though, you'd hate to be at a funeral on a wet day and the deceased falls out the bottom.

That a few bits of plywood would do a serviceable job.

If memory serves, cardboard coffins are cheap, they're more expensive that wood ones. They'd have to be sturdy though, you'd hate to be at a funeral on a wet day and the deceased falls out the bottom.

That a few bits of plywood would do a serviceable job.

Cardboard coffins can be pretty sturdy, although not as stiff as their occupants (in general). Personally, I'm being rocketed skyward if I get any say in the matter (which I won't of course).

(do they cremate the coffin?)

Good question, does anyone know the answer to this?:confused:

I was under the impression you and coffin went into the furnace?

I was too, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find an unscrupulous undertaker will dump the body out and flog the coffin to the next person that comes along.

From what I remember the coffin is usually on a converyer type deal, with a set of small curtains covering the door (presumably to the oven)

You do the service and stuff, and the curtains open and the coffin slides through a hole out of view.

No-one sticks around to see them light up the oven.