Van Hire in Sheffield MEGATHREAD

We'll be moving house at the weekend and we're thinking of hiring a van.

Can anyone recommend a decent company that doesn't charge the earth? What kind of costs should I expect?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

by the time you have paid the hire charge and all the extras insurance CDW PROTECT THIS PROTECT THAT fuel its probably cheaper to hire one of the many that reply on here in vacancies forum section

I used enterprise hire. Got a decent sized transit. Was a lot of fun and easy to drive. Cost £202 for four days with all insurance and protection covers included. Very polite and great service. Will def be using them again when the time comes. Good luck with your move.

Try this one http://www.brookcars.co.uk I've used them a few times. ok, there in rotherham but great prices. £70 for the weekend all inc ( apart from fuel ) Not sure about rates during the week though.

I have used enterprise several times, excellent service (will pick you up/drop you off) and good rates

I've just booked a van for Saturday from Alliance Van Hire - £58.75 per 24 hours hire.

I'll let you know about the experience, condition of the van etc after weekend.

As I mentioned earlier I've used Alliance Van Hire - I got 2006 Ford Transit (Long Wheel Base) for 24 hours. No problems with the car or service whatsoever.

The only downside was a £15 charge for late return of the vehicle (24 hours + 23mins) as I was stuck in the traffic.

Overall great experience, would use them again if needs be.

As I mentioned earlier I've used Alliance Van Hire - I got 2006 Ford Transit (Long Wheel Base) for 24 hours. No problems with the car or service whatsoever.

The only downside was a £15 charge for late return of the vehicle (24 hours + 23mins) as I was stuck in the traffic.

Overall great experience, would use them again if needs be.

I am just about to book with these. I want a van for Saturday only and every other company want to charge for two days rental as they are not open Sunday to drop the van off. This is the only one I could find that opens sundays. So saving about £50.00

Will be sure to get back on time

I used a Enterprise van hire when I first moved back to Sheffield. The company and the van were fine but me? I think I forgot how old I was. 'Not doing that again' I said to the wife. next 2 times we used a removal company. Bliss!! Bit more expensive but "Heres the keys, call us when you're loaded " had a ring to it for sure. Moving again soon (hopefully) and I'll be doing exactly the same again!!

If anyone is looking to hire a van in Sheffield, I recommend you try Apple Van Hire of Sheffield here's the link http://www.sheffield-van-hire.co.uk/

We used them on Monday, cost £59 for 24hours hire of a Ford LWB Van.

Excellent value for money.

Hi, does anybody know of any van hire companys that offer a good deal and are reasonably priced. thanks :help: