Paul Scriven: 3164;

Roger Davison: 3,439;

Shaffaq Mohammed: 2787;

Andy Nash: 2300;

Colin Ross: 3875;

Joe Otten: 3547;

Andrew Sangar: 3112;

Cliff Woodcraft: 3063;

I trust the Labour comms department will ensure the public are aware of the truth of the situation. Despite another Labour run council, the majority of Sheffield did NOT vote Labour!

:confused: how is gaining two seats and not running the council a thrashing :confused: the fact they have more councillors indicates that the majority of Sheffield did vote Labour, whatever your political persuasion your taking a hell of a stretch

Edited by Narden Dee

:confused: how is gaining two seats and not running the council a thrashing :confused: the fact they have more councillors indicates that the majority of Sheffield did vote Labour, whatever your political persuasion your taking a hell of a stretch

Labour has LOST two seats to Lib Dems in Greenhill and Beauchief over their incompetent handling of the Amey contract. And perhaps basic maths is not your forte, but generally 3000 votes is viewed as a higher number than 1500.

Depressing thing is majority of people simply did not vote

Maybe these forums don't have much influence.

I don't think they do have much influence. An example of this, on General

Dicussions there is a poll for members asking how you would vote in the

Euro Referendum 336 out of a membership of over 187.000 have bothered

to vote

When it comes to voting the huge amount of elgible voters in this country, have a couldn't care less attitude and do not use their vote.

Should voting be made compulsory ? As it is in Australia with a fine

if you do not vote.This may focus a few minds

Edited by bazjea

Guest sibon
Interesting that:

Julie Dore got 1962 votes (less than she did last year);

Terry Fox: 1523;

Jack Scott: 1497.

And the Lib Dems thrashed them:

I trust the Labour comms department will ensure the public are aware of the truth of the situation. Despite another Labour run council, the majority of Sheffield did NOT vote Labour!

But these were in different wards. So, I can't see your point.

You seem to be confused about how elections work. Maybe you should do a bit of reading before posting any more nonsense.

Labour has LOST two seats to Lib Dems in Greenhill and Beauchief over their incompetent handling of the Amey contract. And perhaps basic maths is not your forte, but generally 3000 votes is viewed as a higher number than 1500.

You do realise the lib dems you have listed didn't stand against the labour councillors you also listed don't you ?

You do realise the lib dems you have listed didn't stand against the labour councillors you also listed don't you ?

Yes. Vote for vote, the Lib Dems have more.

Interesting that:

Julie Dore got 1962 votes (less than she did last year);

Terry Fox: 1523;

Jack Scott: 1497.

And the Lib Dems thrashed them:

Your figures are meaningless, you need to compare people who stood against one another also at least one of your figures is either incorrect or made up.

ie Shaffaq Mohammed 1385 stood against Gill Furniss 14087 now that's a thrashing (over 10 times more votes)

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-sheffield-brightside-hillsborough/

Julie dore did get 1962 and Jack Scott 1497 votes, the lib dems in their constituency got a pitiful amount of votes.

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-park-arbourthorne-ward/

Terry Fox did get 1523 once more a no show from the lib dems

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-manor-castle-ward-2/

The rest of the results are here http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/2016/05/.

Sheffield did vote labour

Labour 57 councillors, lib dems 19,greens 4, UKIP 4.

Edited by Joe-b-1

theres a lot of bad loser posts on here , just wanted to say . Yes you could tarnish me with that brush but I must say all I care about is this great city . I am proud to say im from Sheffield , I love this city and its history and would defend it against anyone who says different ,and here it comes the But . But we are light years behind our neighbours Manchester and Leeds . Can anyone really believe that the amateurs in town hall would have us on a par with these within the next 20 years

OK, here you go:

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-ecclesall-ward-2/

9390 votes for Lib Dems

6011 votes for Labour

Nearly three and a half thousand more votes for Lib Dems than Labour.

The first one I quoted was Shaffaq Mohammed 1385 stood against Gill Furniss 14087 More than twelve thousand more votes for Labour than Lib dems. Also on your example people in the ecclesall could vote for 3 candidates and since lab and lib both have three candidates you are counting some voters three times when you add them together.

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-sheffield-brightside-hillsborough/

Edited by Joe-b-1

The bickering and one up man ship is to cease. As is accusations of 'sympathy vote'. If this continues people are very likely going to be suspended.