Sheffield local elections - May 2016

No dilemma at all. We did that one with Clegg. Look how that ended.

Labour are more in line with my views at the moment, that said, the arrogance I have experienced from them regarding the tree felling and Amey is totally unacceptable, so I'm looking at the other parties now.

I thought Clegg was an MP in a TORY/libdem coalition government of which he was a very minor cogg at a time when Sheffield had a very left wing Labour council.

Does a Tory Government favour Tory councils when it comes to providing project funding?

What on earth do the buses have to do with the Sheffield Labour council?

Everything, labour created the whole mess

Everything, labour created the whole mess

How? I'm genuinely puzzled as to how you think a Labour local council affected the changing of bus timetables.

Labour completely set up the consultation process to fail.

Did they?

I think you will find it was SYPTE who set that up.

I'm no fan of Labour but can you at least stick to blaming them for things they actually did, please?

Did they?

I think you will find it was SYPTE who set that up.

I'm no fan of Labour but can you at least stick to blaming them for things they actually did, please?

I think you will find what I am saying is correct, labour set up the consultation groups. At the time it looked a great move, I was involved, but very quickly it became clear it was tokenism. I was in a consultation group from January. Every point we raised was ignored or simply not backed up by labour. Labour just went along with changes, no matter how stupid.

Edited by High Greener
sdded link

I think you will find what I am saying is correct, labour set up the consultation groups

No they didnt, it was SYPTE under the guise of "Sheffield Bus Partnership".

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp/

God knows why you think the local Labour party were responsible for bus changes!

It's tempting to vote based on who is actually bothered about my vote. So far I've had two leaflets through my door, one Green, one Labour. I've been doorstepped by the Greens twice and had a couple of great chats with them about local issues. No contact from the other parties at all.....

I'm voting solely on local issues this year whereas in the past I've had one eye on National politics.

No they didnt, it was SYPTE under the guise of "Sheffield Bus Partnership".

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/sbp/

God knows why you think the local Labour party were responsible for bus changes!

I was at the meetings, they chaired, I saw it first hand

It's tempting to vote based on who is actually bothered about my vote. So far I've had two leaflets through my door, one Green, one Labour. I've been doorstepped by the Greens twice and had a couple of great chats with them about local issues. No contact from the other parties at all.....

Mmmm. Frankly the level of useful information in those leaflets is zero. They really need to up their game (all parties,) and start treating would be voters as though they have some intelligence.

I was at the meetings, they chaired, I saw it first hand

Even if that's true you are aware the decisions were not taken by the local Labour party, aren't you?