Sheffield local elections - May 2016

Well Sibon, having clicked on your link I find myself inclined to agree with Highgreener, Labour and Green have candidates not from the area, S11 and S3, I have never seen or had a visit from anyone from the Conservative party, though there is a candidate living in Highgreen, As for the others from Grenoside and Ecclesfield,won't care about highgreen as its gone downhill in recent years, that's the impression I get anyway.

The only Candidate I've seen being proactive is Jonathan Ogle, he personally knocked on my door a few weeks ago to let me know how he has helped and will continue to help the local community.

That alone has swayed my vote.

Well Sibon, having clicked on your link I find myself inclined to agree with Highgreener, Labour and Green have candidates not from the area, S11 and S3, I have never seen or had a visit from anyone from the Conservative party, though there is a candidate living in Highgreen, As for the others from Grenoside and Ecclesfield,won't care about highgreen as its gone downhill in recent years, that's the impression I get anyway.

The only Candidate I've seen being proactive is Jonathan Ogle, he personally knocked on my door a few weeks ago to let me know how he has helped and will continue to help the local community.

That alone has swayed my vote.

I had a great chat with Jonathan, he was removing graffiti off a park Bench, (entire bench was spray painted blue) often see UKIP out doing community work, while I walk the dog. Not just election times all year round.

UKIP seem to grasp what local elections mean.

Hope people will not vote labour as protest against Tree felling Destruction of Rare and Racy Selling off bits of Graves park Increase in allotment charges Etc etc :rant:

Hope people will not vote labour as protest against Tree felling Destruction of Rare and Racy Selling off bits of Graves park Increase in allotment charges Etc etc :rant:

You know all of that will have probably happened under a Lib Dem council as well, dont you?

Especially the latter, local councils have no money.

In my area, every labour and libdem candidate is from a Private middle class estate, and not local. Every UKIP candidate is from a council estate and live locally.

Guest sibon

Webby. Take another look.

Atkinson Grace Margaret Conservative

Walton Close, High Green, Sheffield, S35 4FJ

Booker John Charles UKIP

29 Charlton Hill Rise, Chapeltown, Sheffield, S35 2PU

That's just the first two. A Tory from High Green and a Kipper from far away Ecclesfield.

Eleven of the thirteen candidates live within S35. That's local by most definitions.

Do you know where Charlton hill rise is? Next to Charlton brook. You can throw a stone and it lands in High Green.

Conservative is a paper candidate

Only ones I've seen doing community work in High Green are UKIP

That's my ballots posted.

Who knows what next week will bring?

Unfortunately, I think we know the answer to that.

l often see UKIP out doing community work, Not just election times all year round.

UKIP seem to grasp what local elections mean.

I'll go along with that, UKIP for me too.

My post went?

Anyway, the vast majority of people wont give a hoot where the candidate is from, they will see the party name and the party logo and vote on those lines, the fact they live in High Green or another part of Sheffield is irrelevant.

Do you know where Charlton hill rise is? Next to Charlton brook. You can throw a stone and it lands in High Green.

Conservative is a paper candidate

Only ones I've seen doing community work in High Green are UKIP

I'd like to know what this community work is, please. It's an area that I find interesting as I do some in my community.

It wont change much at all,

The general public are sheep and they vote on party lines.

Which reminds me of the old saying " I'm voting Labour cus mi dad voted Labour an his father before him voted Labour" Don't they know times have changed?