Sheffield local elections - May 2016

Gill Furness elected wth an increased majority in Brightside. UKIP vote down by 2.7%. Since the General Election

Disappointing result there, but only to be expected, given the demographic. Can nothing break the Labour stranglehold in this city? Just have to hope she does better for us than her predecessors have ever managed.

You do understand that any society operates by a common understanding and abidance of the rules? So you're saying that average Joe public can't advise people and uphold the law because they aren't the police? This forum is still a society, it has it's own mini eco-system, it just so happens to be an online society that somewhat mirrors the local population. The fact that i chose to exercise my right in reminding people what a rule is supposed to be and that people were either flouting it or may tread lines is my own choice - as it is your own choice to take offence in your misconception that I'm 'telling' people what to do. By your own comments in that regard, I have no power to do that as indeed it is the job of admins and moderators - I can however advise people to look out for things that may have been missed and make their own judgement calls, which is exactly what I did do.

Again telling people what to do and how they should act. Get off your high horse.

Again telling people what to do and how they should act. Get off your high horse.

I think you have a perception problem - I asked you questions and stated my opinion from a position of logic and you come back with a petty response. Nowhere in my previous post (that you have quoted fully there) did I tell anybody to do anything. Do you not also think that it's rather telling that others seem to have agreed with me, yet nobody seems to have backed your position? In any case the original point is slightly moot now seen as the ballot boxes have now closed.

Well done Gill Furniss. UKIP vote down by 2.7 %. Just when is this UKIP Northern breakthrough going to come, they've been predicting it for several years now :hihi:

Hopefully they will disappear after the EU referendum.

Hopefully they will disappear after the EU referendum.

Yes hopefully labour will dissapear after the referendum, ruin this city.

Yes hopefully labour will dissapear after the referendum, ruin this city.

Yeah, good luck with that... :loopy:

2 Greens and a Labour on the first ward to be counted, City.

2 Greens and a Labour on the first ward to be counted, City.

20% turn out, pitiful

Main problem We stuck with the Older ones That will forever Vote Labour on the grounds on what they stood for yrs ago , then is not now im sorry to say . Can Anyone recall What Happened Under Labour Gov ?? I rest my case

20% turn out, pitiful

People dont care about local politics.

As an aside, I look forward to Labour being booted out because apparently nobody will be voting for them because of some trees, or something.

Hang on, whats this? They gained a seat in the City ward? How can this be?

Gill Furniss has been returned as MP for Sheffield Brightside & Hillsborough in the by-election forced by the death of her husband, Harry Harpham.

Increased percentage majority by 6%, but this was on a smaller turnout of 33% compared to 55% on 2015.

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-sheffield-brightside-hillsborough/

I was shocked when I woke up to find out this news.

:|