Sheffield local elections - May 2016

I've also made a suggestion for a new mod warning notification to run through threads like this

This is a good idea as people do not always have the time to read an entire thread to absorb the rules. It is counter-intuitive that candidate suggestion on a thread titled "Sheffield local elections" is not permissible. So this does have to be made clear in a non-punitive way.

---------- Post added 05-05-2016 at 13:50 ----------

So why vote Lib Dems in Nether Edge? Because they have been the most EFFECTIVE at getting RESULTS for local people. And in my experience, hold the most balanced views and opinions on the majority of issues.

And why vote Independent in Nether Edge? Because they can follow their own moral compass and not be whipped into some fantasy line dictated by their leader, as we have seen happen time and again with Labour councillors.

Edited by Mindfulness

This is a good idea as people do not always have the time to read an entire thread to absorb the rules. It is counter-intuitive that candidate suggestion on a thread titled "Sheffield local elections" is not permissible. So this does have to be made clear in a non-punitive way.

Thanks, the thread is here if anyone is interested - http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1463437

Back to topic.

This is an old thread? The last few pages were petty arguments, but this thread seemed most relevant.

-

The yellow one with up to 3 crosses caught me out.

Considering that I'm someone who regularly reads and discusses politics in here, I can't imagine what lottery that would end up as if we encourage everyone to vote! :hihi:

I ended up getting the vote done that I wanted for the PCC and local MP, then looking at this list, I noticed a member in here I've met and he's a sound chap, so he got one, then I picked 2 random LibDems as there were about 4 of them :hihi:

What a farce

Edited by *_ash_*

Gill Furniss has been returned as MP for Sheffield Brightside & Hillsborough in the by-election forced by the death of her husband, Harry Harpham.

Increased percentage majority by 6%, but this was on a smaller turnout of 33% compared to 55% on 2015.

http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/result-sheffield-brightside-hillsborough/

Edited by cgksheff

Labour - 14,087 - 62.5% (+5.9)

UKIP - 4,497 - 20.0% (-2.1)

Liberal Democrat - 1,385 - 6.1% (+1.6)

Conservative - 1,267 - 5.6% (-5.4)

Green - 938 - 4.2% (-0.1)

Yorkshire First 349 - 1.5% - (+1.5)

Give Me Back Elmo - 58 - 0.2% (+0.2)

Thank you for posting this news! I thought the gorgeous weather yesterday might have actually returned better turnout levels, so that's surprising.

Well I suppose actually people might have been thinking more about the beer weather for an after work pint somewhere, rather than remembering to go vote!

No surprise re the outcome, but what an underwhelming turnout!

Well done Gill Furniss. UKIP vote down by 2.7 %. Just when is this UKIP Northern breakthrough going to come, they've been predicting it for several years now :hihi:

Augurs well for Labour in the Council results this afternoon

Shameful turn out though

Gill Furness elected wth an increased majority in Brightside. UKIP vote down by 2.7%. Since the General Election

Looking at the figures, it's a pity about the mixture as before result, but I suppose it reflects the demographic of the area? Let's hope she does better for Sheffield than her predecessors have managed.

Disappointing.