Sheffield local elections - May 2016

Council doesn't have any cash and yet both my wife and I have received TWO post cards each telling us we are registered to vote by post. Der!!!

Could be because there are 2 elections running on the same day and the system just spits out 2 letters.

I've received my PCC polling card card but not the council election one yet.

Could be because there are 2 elections running on the same day and the system just spits out 2 letters.

I've received my PCC polling card card but not the council election one yet.

No, got mine on Monday and I only got one polling card: both elections are mentioned on there. And I am a postal voter, you still get a card through reminding you of this at the same time all the other non-postal cards are sent.

In fact you dont even need a polling card to vote, assuming you are on the register.

All nominated candidates are now listed on the elections page on the council website. Greens (I'm the agent for all of them), Labour and Lib Dems have full council slates of 84. I make it Tory 47, UKIP 42, TUSC 23, Yorkshire First 1 and Independent 1. No doubt Mr Harston (who is on the candidate list) will double check this and confirm.

It still looks a bit pathetic though. Face facts, you live in a generally conservative country.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Local_Elections_2015.png/400px-Local_Elections_2015.png

The role of the UK left is to keep the UK right to the centre, which keeps the UK left out of it and makes them generally unpopular.

I think you're on the wrong thread. This is 'Sheffield local elections'.

The Cons can't even post a full list here.

Face facts you live in a Labour/LibDem City.

The Conservatives don't even have a role.

All nominated candidates are now listed on the elections page on the council website. Greens (I'm the agent for all of them), Labour and Lib Dems have full council slates of 84. I make it Tory 47, UKIP 42, TUSC 23, Yorkshire First 1 and Independent 1. No doubt Mr Harston (who is on the candidate list) will double check this and confirm.

Full list off this link;

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/elections5may.html

Some people will get 5 votes - 3 for the council, 1 for the PCC and 1 for the parliamentary by-election in Brightside and Hillsborough.

Interestingly the UKIP candidate for the last of these is also standing for the council. He's obviously not very hopeful of becoming a MP.

I see that SF Max is on that list again as a labour candidate for Stannington. :)

Usual information on mdfs.net

Labour 84

LibDem 84

Green 84

Conservative 53

UKIP 42

TUSC 23

Yorkshire First 1

Independent 1

372 total candidates, averaging 13 or 14 in each ward.

Full list off this link;

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/elections/elections5may.html

Some people will get 5 votes - 3 for the council, 1 for the PCC and 1 for the parliamentary by-election in Brightside and Hillsborough.

Interestingly the UKIP candidate for the last of these is also standing for the council. He's obviously not very hopeful of becoming a MP.

As is the Lib Dem candidate.

As is the Lib Dem candidate.

And so is the Green, in Hillsborough ward. People can vote for her at ward and constituency level simultaneously.

Council doesn't have any cash and yet both my wife and I have received TWO post cards each telling us we are registered to vote by post. Der!!!

That's because there are two different election - three in Brightside constituency - and the law requires a Polling Card for each election as the electorates are different.

For example, some people are entitled to vote in the local elections but not in the Parliamentary election.

I will be voting UKIP.

Many will not vote at all, id guess 60/65% will not vote

What is the current breakdown of the 84 seats in the Council?