What's happened to the darts scene in Sheffield

Having in the last six weeks advertised for players and a knockout competition in Sheffield, I am amazed at the lack of response.

One reply to team request and no-one turned up for the competition. This is after 400+ views on the thread.

I know Sheffield has only two leagues now, but there must be some players looking for a team? I went to a meeting for The Mulberry Tavern in town. only three turned up for that.

Sheffield used to have a thriving dart's scene. One of the best in the country, now, whether it's the fact people can't afford to go out or the scene has collapsed, it seems to be fading slowly away. This seems in stark contrast to other parts of the country, where people can easily play a couple times a week.

Would be interested on darters thoughts on this?

Cheers Kev.

Kev you should get hold of Jason Burkhill of Project darts mate,the Sheffield darts scene has never been so good so I don't understand how you can say it is fading,

leagues now Mondays,tuesdays,wednesdays,thursdays and always competitions run by projectdarts,it become that popular players come from all over the country just to play in them

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 18:22 ----------

http://www.projectdarts.com/

Kev you should get hold of Jason Burkhill of Project darts mate,the Sheffield darts scene has never been so good so I don't understand how you can say it is fading,

leagues now Mondays,tuesdays,wednesdays,thursdays and always competitions run by projectdarts,it become that popular players come from all over the country just to play in them

---------- Post added 11-10-2015 at 18:22 ----------

http://www.projectdarts.com/

Hi Speedbet,

The point I'm making is the amount of views but no interest in playing, really struggling to make 6 players, we could do with 10, just to cover holidays/shifts etc. I am in contact with someone at Project Darts, but they have been ill lately. If you do know of anyone looking for a team in and around Hillsborough, get them to contact me, Speedbet, I'd appreciate the help.

Would love to get involved in darts, is there anywhere around s8? Not very good and not allowed a board up at home due to renting. However used to play a lot as a kid. Probably wouldn't be good enough to part of a league for ages but would be up for some games if anyone plays around s8 area.

There is a Heeley and district league. It's on Facebook Kev. Otherwise, you're welcome over here. Buses are pretty good. Good luck either way.

Would love to get involved in darts, is there anywhere around s8? Not very good and not allowed a board up at home due to renting. However used to play a lot as a kid. Probably wouldn't be good enough to part of a league for ages but would be up for some games if anyone plays around s8 area.