Final information on bus changes 1st November 2015

I'm guessing it is to provide Wybourn passengers with a direct link to the Moor Markets.

I doubt that very much, older people can get the 47 & 48 in Pond St to get to the Poor Market ( not a typo) using their bus pass, as for other passengers they can also get the same bus plus more on High St, I'm afraid someone is trying to justify their pay.

I doubt that very much, older people can get the 47 & 48 in Pond St to get to the Poor Market ( not a typo) using their bus pass, as for other passengers they can also get the same bus plus more on High St, I'm afraid someone is trying to justify their pay.

Are you seriously suggesting that only poor people use the market?

I took it as a comment about the market, not the clientele.

Are there any changes to Barnsley bus services (thinking specifically Tates - who haven't updated their website since 2012!). I can't see any of the sypte website?

Are there any changes to Barnsley bus services (thinking specifically Tates - who haven't updated their website since 2012!). I can't see any of the sypte website?

I don't think so, the focus for November is launching the new Sheffield bus network.

Just what are you talking about? Where in my post does it say anything about poor people? The reference of Poor Market was on the abysmal thing we have now in place of the Castle Market. The market has been kept alive in Sheffield by the pensioners who have been using the market with their parents and grandparents, the pensioners have earned their free travel and quite rightly so.

So why suddenly send the 56 to Herdings. My query was why change the route number "47" to "56" why not leave it as the "47" I know this change will confuse quite a few old people.

Just what are you talking about? Where in my post does it say anything about poor people? The reference of Poor Market was on the abysmal thing we have now in place of the Castle Market. The market has been kept alive in Sheffield by the pensioners who have been using the market with their parents and grandparents, the pensioners have earned their free travel and quite rightly so.

So why suddenly send the 56 to Herdings. My query was why change the route number "47" to "56" why not leave it as the "47" I know this change will confuse quite a few old people.

Could have been took either way as it was though,i,e as a place where poor people shop. I certainly agree it is not a patch on what we had in Castle Market, not to mention Sheaf Market,and neither can I see a reason for changing bus service numbers.

Could have been took either way as it was though,i,e as a place where poor people shop. I certainly agree it is not a patch on what we had in Castle Market, not to mention Sheaf Market,and neither can I see a reason for changing bus service numbers.

The bus is the existing 56 from Wybourn to Sheffield Interchange extended to Herdings. In that sense it hasn't changed its number although of course people at the Herdings end will see a different route number as the 56 replaces the withdrawn 47.

The current 56 does not serve the market, the new version will take Wybourn people directly there.

So how can they run the SL2 now into Hillsborough when there are buses that past the bus stop next to the tram stop in the first place....and wasn't the SL2 meant to link with the tram...clue is in the name of the service....SL2.

If they can do this for the 2 then why don't they do it for the 1? Even when the tram is held up the SL1 wouldn't even consider running to Hillsborough even though there are no other buses into Hillsborough (except the pitiful 4 buses a day on the 268).........sometimes passengers are stranded at tram terminus with no other option but to walk...which is fine unless you have mobility problems.

So how can they run the SL2 now into Hillsborough when there are buses that past the bus stop next to the tram stop in the first place....and wasn't the SL2 meant to link with the tram...clue is in the name of the service....SL2.

If they can do this for the 2 then why don't they do it for the 1? Even when the tram is held up the SL1 wouldn't even consider running to Hillsborough even though there are no other buses into Hillsborough (except the pitiful 4 buses a day on the 268).........sometimes passengers are stranded at tram terminus with no other option but to walk...which is fine unless you have mobility problems.

It was actually proposed that the SL2 was to be withdrawn as few were using it to connect with trams into town, just into Hillsborough, and all it was doing was duplicating the 81. However there was a lot of protests at the withdrawl during the consultation so SL2 survives but reduced to run every 20 minutes, co-ordinated with the 81, and extended to Hillsborough at off peak times.

SL3 has also been something of a failure as a Supertramlink but did build up a loyal following as a local service to Crystal Peaks and Peaks College, hence becoming the 72 and running less frequent.

Will the 40 or 41 bus stop anywhere near the moor market?

Yes, they are doing a similar one way loop that the 42/44 currently does, that being Queens Road > Moor Markets > Arundel Gate > Haymarket > Interchange > Rail Station > Queens Road

You can download the individual timetables along with the network maps at http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/futurechanges