Percy Pud 2015 now full!

Percy Pud now full. 2200 places sold in 2 hours!!

Anyone cant make it and want to sell there place?

It was mayhem on the website last night, but I did manage to get my place! Good luck with getting one for yourself, Waldo.

OH got one. It`s a funny old thing. IMO, it`s not a great race but it`s really famous for being so popular and so people panic to grab a place even though lots will be no-shows on the day. That`d be ok if those not running informed the organisers and they could then re-sell their numbers. I`ll bet there are 100s of unused numbers. In such popular races, I`d like to see organisers email all entrants a couple of weeks before to ask them if they are running and that might free up some space.

Thanks Pete.

Yeah, it's okay, but not so amazing that you'd think it would sell out in 2 hours! Won't be too fussed if I don't get in; have a couple of other races on around that time.

IMO, it`s not a great race

Yeah, it's okay, but not so amazing that you'd think it would sell out in 2 hours!

Any thoughts on how it could be improved? (Genuine question - Steel City Striders welcome any feedback on how the race could be improved)

There are always a number of no shows unfortunately & this is factored in to the numbers permitted. The club would love to increase the number of places available however parking is the limiting factor to how many are allowed, there is the facility to transfer race numbers though if people are unable to attend - there's always some entries going around the facebook groups or similar.

achorste - like I wrote, I`d like to see entrants being emailed a week or two before and asked if they`ll definitely be running. I`m sure this would free up some places to sell to a waiting list or as e.o.d.s. Also I`d like to see an alternative or addition to the pudding prize and I`d like to see ,more races organised by the clubs; the demand is clearly there.

Thanks for the feedback Jemson, I'll put it to the organising team :)

One year we did have a major pudding shortage (last year or the year before, I forget which) when we had to substitute a lot of chocolate puddings in there - is this the kind of thing you were thinking of?

If anyone can't make it, I will be happy to buy your entry. Female if it is necessary. Thank you.

I'd prefer a T-Shirt or Medal personally. It's nice to collect them and I don't like Christmas pudding :P. Might not suit everyone but it's my feedback :)

I'd prefer a T-Shirt or Medal personally. It's nice to collect them and I don't like Christmas pudding :P. Might not suit everyone but it's my feedback :)

I agree. I`m guessing a lot of folk like the pudding though as it`s seasonal, etc.

T-shirt would be my preference. Not bothered about a medal (they're just more clutter in a drawer). Pudding is a bit better than a medal (at least you can eat it).

Not sure how you'd improve the race. I guess the main issue is the location, it's so congested and there's a lot of people and cars.

I've done the percypud for last 4 years and shame I missed a place this year. I was just bit late.

Anyone cant make it and want to sell there place please pm me or text me on XXXXXXXXXX

ofcourse Waldo should get before me.

cheers

NOTE I have got a last minute place now. So hopefully will be running on this Sunday.

Edited by larryking
No More required a place as I've got a one...