Police officer killed in Wallasey, Merseyside

Its a shame that someone has to be killed for it to be taken seriously.

You only have to watch those Traffic cops programs and you'll see that they usually get a slap on the wrist for breaking into someone house, stealing a car and getting chased around busy cities by the police.

Very good point I have a recent experience of someone trying to break into my house for the car keys whilst we were all sleeping. Fortunately I heard something and caught them in the act. This was two weeks ago and I have hardly slept since. The effects this criminals have on their victims ought to be taken into consideration when they are caught. If they don't et a suitable punishment for the crime they'll keep doing it as "it's worth the risk".

Very good point I have a recent experience of someone trying to break into my house for the car keys whilst we were all sleeping. Fortunately I heard something and caught them in the act. This was two weeks ago and I have hardly slept since. The effects this criminals have on their victims ought to be taken into consideration when they are caught. If they don't et a suitable punishment for the crime they'll keep doing it as "it's worth the risk".

So what happened to them. Did the police do anything? I presume given the state of the judicial system in this country at the moment. The police would arrest them, charge them and the judge will let them off with a slap on the wrist as they will say they are depressed or from a bad upbringing or something like that.

So what happened to them. Did the police do anything? I presume given the state of the judicial system in this country at the moment. The police would arrest them, charge them and the judge will let them off with a slap on the wrist as they will say they are depressed or from a bad upbringing or something like that.

Sorry Woodmally I wasn't clear in my post when I say "caught them in the act" I meant I heard them and shouted some form of garbled obscenities out of my bedroom window and they ran off, they didn't actually get caught unfortunately.

Haven't police representatives said on record that they may not attend burglaries now due to cuts?

It's a terrible thing what happened. Every weekend lives are lost due to mindless violence, it's time for tougher deterrents.

I am a little confused though to see this being described as 'murder' on all our news channels. I thought for it to be murder, it had to be pre-meditated. According to the description of events we have, it doesn't seem to be a pre-meditated incident, in fact it seems less so, than many inner-city attacks which are referred to as man-slaughter or unlawful killings.

Edited by Hesther

You just knew it wouldn't take long ...BBC link

I doubt they were master criminals that would think to wear gloves!

The police probably knew who they were early on.

Edited by AmourDesign

Haven't police representatives said on record that they may not attend burglaries now due to cuts?

It's a terrible thing what happened. Every weekend lives are lost due to mindless violence, it's time for tougher deterrents.

I am a little confused though to see this being described as 'murder' on all our news channels. I thought for it to be murder, it had to be pre-meditated. According to the description of events we have, it doesn't seem to be a pre-meditated incident, in fact it seems less so, than many inner-city attacks which are referred to as man-slaughter or unlawful killings.

To be fair the police where at my house within 20 minutes and were excellent. They did say the chances of catching them were slim. It was reassuring having them there that quickly and on their advice we have had the locks changed.

I doubt they were master criminals that would think to wear gloves!

The police probably knew who they were early on.

Whats wearing gloves got to do with it?:huh:

Did they get caught because of their fingerprints or something?

I wouldn't be too suprised if these numpties parked the pickup within yards of their address :hihi:

Hayveyn't police representatives said on record that they may not attend burglaries now due to cuts?

I think this may have been misrepresented by certain media elements with an ulterior motive.

If you are being burgled and suspects are on scene police will always attend on immediate. ( Protect life and property )

If you have just returned from work/holiday and found you have been burgled there is no need for police to be flying round to yours on immediate.

Information re stolen property and wether there is any value for scene of crimes to attend can be recorded and assessed for a home visit. However SYP attend all burglaries at the moment.

One of the Police officers interviewed described the incident as murder . I think it will most likely be manslaughter . It's very sad when anyone dies while working . The UK agriculture industry has about 30 fatalities each year .

One of the Police officers interviewed described the incident as murder . I think it will most likely be manslaughter . It's very sad when anyone dies while working . The UK agriculture industry has about 30 fatalities each year .

There is a big difference between an industrial accident and murder!

We don't know weather the charge will be murder or manslaughter. That is down to the men's rea ( guilty mind ) or intent of the suspect which needs to be proved in the court.

There is a big difference between an industrial accident and murder!

We don't know weather the charge will be murder or manslaughter. That is down to the men's rea ( guilty mind ) or intent of the suspect which needs to be proved in the court.

Indeed there is !

An assault on a police officer is an intentional act of aggression towards someone in authority doing their job.

This can hardly be compared to agricultural accidents :loopy: I'm not sure where the poster dragged that comparison from !