Working with flowers is good for you

I run contemporary flower arranging classes and would love to hear from you. It is really good for getting away from something that is bothering you....and there's plenty of that!

Where are the classes held - and when?

Thanks.

Hi Godzilla, The classes are at Wickersley Community Centre S66 1JJ. If travelling by car you can go along the Parkway and join the M1 southbound. Take the first exit on to the M18 then leave at Junction1 (Hellaby roundabout). It isn't very far. Go up the dual carriageway and the community centre is on the left before the first roundabout at Wickersley. There is parking outside. The next course starts on Friday 6th November and is on Fridays 1pm to 3pm for 6 weeks. (There won't be a session on 27th November.) This is the Christmas course. If interested please get back to me for details. If you like working with flowers you might like my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Smart-Flowers-Dinnington-Sheffield-488210167940719/?ref=hl

Best wishes

from Barbara

I was enquiring about this for a friend. I'll pass on the information. Thanks.

Hi Godzilla,

Thanks for your reply. The next course begins on Friday 6th November ie. this week. If your friend would like to join the group can she let me know. I have 3 places left. Thanks. Barbara

Barbara, just a thought on people wanting to get to that location (women maybe) who may not like driving on the motorways. If they get off the Parkway where it ends in Rotherham,and instead of getting on the motorway just follow Bawtry road to Wickersley. It`s a duel carriagway all the way. Steadier traffic.

Thanks you your suggestion Janus - a really good point that I hadn't thought of.

Barbara, just a thought on people wanting to get to that location (women maybe) who may not like driving on the motorways. If they get off the Parkway where it ends in Rotherham,and instead of getting on the motorway just follow Bawtry road to Wickersley. It`s a duel carriagway all the way. Steadier traffic.

I know some people don't like motorways but the road route has faster junctions and roundabouts if you aren't a confident driver. Whiston crossroads, Whiston WorryGoose and Wickersley roundabouts are quite busy and fast moving. I drive round that area a lot. The motorway route is no different than the parkway and its quite easy compared to the road route.

Just popped in to the thread to see what is happening with classes. I can't come weekly but I'm considering picking up floral art again. I used to prefer traditional designs but now I'm wanting to do modern minimalist arrangements. Do you put your classes on Facebook so I can see what you do please? (just seen your facebook link)

I just happened to see this thread by accident. I have been looking in special interests crafts sections of this forum for flower classes.

Edited by Chez2
Doh! just seen your facebook link

Hi Chez2, thanks for joining in with the discussion about routes to Wickersley.I find the motorway less complicated than all those busy roundabouts. I have a Facebook page - the link is: https://www.facebook.com/Smart-Flowers-Dinnington-Sheffield-488210167940719/

If you go to photos and then to albums you can see what we do each week. Last Friday we did a mossed star with flowers in the centre. It could also have a candle in the middle. Nearer to Christmas the stars will have dried out and I thought a tealight in a deep glass container would look good in the middle. Then we could use pine cones and baubles randomly round the glass.

Edited by amadeus1357

I run classes in contemporary Floral design/formerly flower arranging. To see what we do please visit my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Smart-Flowers-Dinnington-Sheffield-488210167940719/

Just go to photos and then to albums - one for each class.

I also share on my page the fabulous work of international designers from all over the world. It really is an eye opener.

Recently I was very thrilled to be one of the winners of the Fusion Flowers Winter/Christmas wreath international competition on Facebook. I am NAFAS trained in Floral Art and Design and have a Cert Ed. teaching qualification.

Interested in joining the classes?

Thanks for the reply. I might consider it after Xmas but I'm too busy at the moment, peak time for my business.

When I went to classes back in the 80s we all used to do the same basic design brief but we all had different skill levels and accessories etc. I have some specific designs I want to try. The space I have for flowers in my house means designs need to be narrow and two to three foot high.