Banging noise at night in s5

I heard it in Winco lastnight about 1 am. Obviously off in the distance....possibly from the Don Valley area. A loud sort of scrape sound. As if a skip or container was been dragged along the tarmac. Was slightly eerie at times. At some points it sounded like a strange low level screaming sound.

When I lived in Wincobank I also used to hear the loud scraping noise, I assumed it was something to do with the steel works.

the noise was all night! sounded like the old steel works drop hammer!

The noise I heard about 1ish was definately not the forge masters hammer. That's a very pronounced and rythmic bang.....bang......bang.....bang

This was more like a very loud howling/scraping in the distance. I've heard it before aswell....

---------- Post added 05-10-2015 at 15:39 ----------

Could it possibly be connected to the removal of the gas tanks?

Are they removing the Wincobank gas tanks?

---------- Post added 05-10-2015 at 15:39 ----------

When I lived in Wincobank I also used to hear the loud scraping noise, I assumed it was something to do with the steel works.

It could well be the steelworks doing something but it's not the hammer. XX

Edited by Bethsmummy

IDIOT:loopy:Guess you live in LA LA land with Tinkeywinkey & Po

I think you'll find they live in Teletubbieland which is located "Over the hills and far away" :loopy:

Steam hammer I grew up on Saint johns Rd Park District Mid 1940s used to go to sleep listening to these things from different steel works .round the city, but still hear the one you can hear now and again.

omg we were talking about this last night, it sounds like a steel drum, or steel hammers, really regular and yes we're by the gas towers too.

Probably gun shots in that dump of a place.

Says he from Page Hall :hihi:

I live top of jenkin,i heard these banging and loud scraping noises last night,this is weird and daft but I must have fallen asleep after hearing it and I dreamed it was aliens harvesting us and building cages to keep us in.I was so relieved when I woke to my boring routine.

For anyones information...

generally when its very clear and the pressure in the air is correct you can hear the train horns making noises and hear the steel factories now down at forge masters they have a very large roller in the mill and its where they send the malton metal through a big roller really fast now thats the sound of banging and sounds like containers clattering together, the main reason for you hear this, is because thats the sign on raining weather on the way its to do with the pressure in there air!!!

Thanks

Thank you morthill.Having lived here a few years with all the sounds, you are right,there is definitely a difference with the high and low pressure,Things sound very louder when it is cloudy or misty.

They're restacking the body bags at you know where, ready for this seasons cull

For anyones information...

generally when its very clear and the pressure in the air is correct you can hear the train horns making noises and hear the steel factories now down at forge masters they have a very large roller in the mill and its where they send the malton metal through a big roller really fast now thats the sound of banging and sounds like containers clattering together, the main reason for you hear this, is because thats the sign on raining weather on the way its to do with the pressure in there air!!!

Thanks

There isn't a rolling mill at Forgemasters.