The Owls win and United errrrrmmmmm

Long way to go yet though ... Prior to the Fulham win many owls were doubting the manager, and we were doing well, we've hit a poor spell and you're having a very good one... But as a long time observer of Sheffield football, you know it only takes one result to turn it round completely...

And to be fair, you probably would have expected at least 3 wins from Fulham and Preston at home, Brentford away and that pub team in Newcastle. Against the decent sides in the Championship, it's been a struggle, so Hull next time out will be an indicator of progress.

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 19:13 ----------

It's not exactly that strong in the Championship either, full of clubs that were decent a long time ago. It's more a league of endurance than footballing quality.

Whereas the Pub League is a dreadful league where it seems so far a certain team only seem to be able to lift themselves in what appear to be the 'bigger' games (e.g. local derbies with Chezzy and Donny, Swindon and Peterborough away), but are easy to pick off when taking on the 'less glamourous' clubs like Vale, Bury, Gillingham, etc...

well i wouldn't have expected 3 wins, but you're right about the other bit, a weeks a long time in footy

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 19:16 ----------

or should that be a short time, lol

the old bishops fingers at work just like that canada bloke lol

well i wouldn't have expected 3 wins, but you're right about the other bit, a weeks a long time in footy

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 19:16 ----------

or should that be a short time, lol

the old bishops fingers at work just like that canada bloke lol

To be honest though, i'm glad for the owls fans that have had years of rubbish, that you're finally seeming to be making progress - and if nothing else the players don't seem to have a big time Charlie attitude, when it comes to playing teams you'd expect to beat.

Has the improved quality of the surface made a big difference to the quality of play at S6 this season, or are you just having a little more good fortune than last season?

You can only beat what's infront of you good bad or indifferent. ., & the owls are & simply the Blades Aren't.. ;)

Edited by owl.66

To be honest though, i'm glad for the owls fans that have had years of rubbish, that you're finally seeming to be making progress - and if nothing else the players don't seem to have a big time Charlie attitude, when it comes to playing teams you'd expect to beat.

Has the improved quality of the surface made a big difference to the quality of play at S6 this season, or are you just having a little more good fortune than last season?

I couldn't possibly say mate tbh, i don't live in the city. live on the south coast but i get when i can, last i went time boro beat us,usually do more away than home

were not always getting the right results, apart from the last 4 games, but the play looks decent, very attacking and good passing

You can only beat what's infront of you good bad or indifferent. ., & the owls are & simply the Blades Aren't.. ;)

true enough

Another victory at home, 3 more points registered...

Up the Owls.....

P.s.. Feeling for you blades after another pish result,,,,chins UP

Another victory at home, 3 more points registered...

Up the Owls.....

P.s.. Feeling for you blades after another pish result,,,,chins UP

yep me an all.crying shame

yep me an all.crying shame

Shed a tear fella, the Adkins approach is a work in progress ?

Shed a tear fella, the Adkins approach is a work in progress ?

yep, i live in hope

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 20:09 ----------

not hope derbyshire btw lol

Reading there were ugly scenes involving Blades fans after the game, silly, i can understand the frustration, but c'mon...

Good win for the Owls,,I watched the highlights of the United game they were completely outplayed by a much bigger and more physical side,and leeds lost today as well....happy days...