Sheffield Council bans smoking from playgrounds

It might not do as much damage as passive smoking does from a traditional fag, but the effect of being downwind from a cloud of e-smoke is still unpleasant.

In an enclosed space like a pub you can often smell the rotten lungs of the smokers as well as the strange smells of the smoke.

Dont sit/ stand near a smoker then. Simples

It might not do as much damage as passive smoking does from a traditional fag, but the effect of being downwind from a cloud of e-smoke is still unpleasant.

Its not smoke.

Standing at a bus stop taking all those diesel fumes is much worse, should they ban buses as well?

Its not smoke.

Standing at a bus stop taking all those diesel fumes is much worse, should they ban buses as well?

quite right,the diesel fumes will do a lot more damage

Repeatedly seeing this action will normalise smoking/vaping to children who in time may want to follow the trend

GOOD IDEA Sheffield Council

What a load of claptrap. I played in the park as a kid and plenty of people smoked. I was playing not focused on a cigarette. Didn't turn me into a fag ash Lille.

Just another example of nanny state. :loopy:

quite right,the diesel fumes will do a lot more damage

Unbelievable!

Dont sit/ stand near a smoker then. Simples

yes, indeed you are.

Smokers should not be allowed to smoke in any public places at all.

Filthy nicotine addicts.

Unbelievable!

why..............

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 20:42 ----------

Unbelievable!

e-cig v diesel fumes, r u simple

why..............

---------- Post added 03-10-2015 at 20:42 ----------

e-cig v diesel fumes, r u simple

inhalation of diesel fumes as far as I'm aware is not addictive and doesn't put young lives at risk in context of the time spent inhaling these fumes ... inhalation of diesel fumes is not done a confined space ... now that is, as you quote ... 'simple'

inhalation of diesel fumes as far as I'm aware is not addictive and doesn't put young lives at risk in context of the time spent inhaling these fumes ... inhalation of diesel fumes is not done a confined space ... now that is, as you quote ... 'simple'

Me bold..

True but that also applies to the main thread about smoking in playgrounds in the open air.

Will be funny to see what happens to the Country when, as the nanny state wants, we all give up smoking cigarettes. The amount of taxes paid on a pack of what is now 19 cigarettes is disgusting. No wonder people are buying knock off ciggys.

"On a typical pack of 20 premium cigarettes the total tax burden of £6.17 accounts for 77% of the recommended retail price (RRP) of £7.98. On some of the least expensive brands the total tax burden accounts for up to 88% of the RRP."

Quoted from TMA website

Where do people propose to get the level of tax from if there is none coming in from us "nasty nicotine addicts" ?????

From my understanding cigarettes contain more harmfull products than just nicotene.