Fitspace Penistone Road Sheffield

I go. If you're not bothered about swimming, its ideal. Cheap as they come. Always plenty of machines available.

I've used gyms most my adult life and now train in Pure at Spital Hill.

I can honestly say this is the best gym i've ever trained in and its only about a tenner a month.

It doesn't have a sauna which is great to have in the winter BUT it means i spend less time there which is a good thing.

Fitspace is a very good gym. The vast majority of the members are great and the staff also. Can't beat the price

Not a bad gym but told me off for running barefoot on the treadmill!........said it was dangerous. Strange but the half marathons I do barefoot don't seem dangerous!

I visit this gym 3 times a week it's pretty good. £10 a month so I can't complain.

Plus there's plenty of good looking lasses :wink which isn't a bad thing if you know what I mean

Is there wifi? I'll use spotify or a radio app to listen to music if I join so just wondered.

If not wifi, will still probably join if there's 3G/4G connection, but it would be a shame to have to use so much data.

Many thanks.

Thinking about joining this gym and just wondered if anybody was a member and could tell me a little bit about what it was like,what kind of people go in there etc. Just wanting to know if it's a good environment to work out in. Many thanks

I've been a member here since it was fitness first and out of all of the gyms it has been fitspace is definitely my favourite.

There are lots of cardio machines so very rare that you can't get on one, the staff are all approachable and helpful, there are a number of free classes every week for members which I make use of and all are really good.

There isn't a pool, sauna, steam room etc but what can you expect for £12.99 a month, and to be honest that has never bothered me because I wouldn't use them anyway.

I have made a lot of good friends since I've been a member of this gym and have found 99% of members are friendly and chatty.

Good luck if you decide to join and I hope you're as happy a member as I am.

Thanks for the advice. Never been in a gym before so was a little nervous about signing up cos don't want to look the fool lol. Is there quite times??

They will have quiet times. I go to Fitness Unlimited which although good they have quite a busy car park and if you get it wrong the private car parl company they have brought in will fine you £100!

When my membership runs out I am going to give this gym a go.

You will probably find after 9am it is the older generation but going home time it gets busy.

As for being a bit shy don't worry. We have all been newbies and even the regulars do different things. Some get on a treadmill and run at 100 mph as others will walk briskly. Each to their own

Thanks for the advice. Never been in a gym before so was a little nervous about signing up cos don't want to look the fool lol. Is there quite times??

I found the quietest period every week is Friday evening, probably because most people are going out rather than going to the gym.

It's busiest periods are Monday and Tuesday evening 4-7ish due to spinning and other classes that are on as well as the normal gym equipment being used by members.

Please don't feel nervous at all though, there are a huge range of people go to this gym and nobody is ever made to feel unwelcome or that they don't fit in or aren't capable.

If you're anything like me you will feel like you'll stick out like a sore thumb as the incapable newby, but I 100% guarantee this is never the case and you will be surprised how quickly you will feel comfortable and enjoy it there.