Bath your own dog service - would you use it?

Would you be responsible for cleaning the area after each use? Just wondering about the infestation risk because if you get a dog in the salon with fleas you know about it and can disinfect straight away to prevent transmission to other dogs but if you are not supervising the bathing area then you might not know that a dog is infected.

Yes we would clean up between dogs if we were to go ahead as we would use a hydrobath so we'd need to set this up for people and clean it between each use. The area would also be separate from the grooming salon nut I'm still in two minds about it and the opinions on here are very divided :) I need to do more research I think.

Don't be put off - it's an innovative idea. Sometimes people are not very forward thinking. You never know with services that are completely different - this one may just take off. A friend who owns Labradors likes to have them bathed, particularly when moulting. If she was closer she might use this service. As it is she gets Dial A Dog Wash who come to the house. As someone said earlier, it's about convenience. I would imagine that clientele for this would mainly come from the surrounding areas, within a five mile radius and maybe Worksop. Maybe it would be best to ask folk in those villages.

Yes I think it's a brilliant idea we would love to use it as we have a very difficult GSD who needs to have regular baths, ok outside in the summer but winter approaching, not good, please advertise if this takes off, hope so

I would probably interested. Hard work bathing a Saint Bernard and a leonberger in a domestic bath lol

You're a special case though SD ;)

:) thanks speeddemon. I think we'll be going ahead with this. We've started working on the new cabin but not sure how long it will take us now we have a baby lol.

Don't be put off by the tight whingers on here that wouldn't be able to find the combination for their pockets.

Where would it be based if it did happen?

It's a good idea and all the best with it.

Hehe thank you.

Well.its definitely going ahead. We now have a whole portacabin to ourselves right next to our current salon. It is completely empty but nick has already starts work on it and our insurance has already been updated. We hope to be moving in in a few weeks but the bath your own dog section wont be being worked on until the new year but its definitely going ahead. :)