Bath your own dog service - would you use it?

Told my pal about it yesterday and she was delighted with the idea. I am fairly sure that she will be bringing her Labs along.

Don't be put off by the tight whingers on here that wouldn't be able to find the combination for their pockets.

Where would it be based if it did happen?

It's a good idea and all the best with it.

Tight Whingers!! I take it you don't have your own business or at least not business savvy?

It's not about being tight it's about being realistic.. If you want to make money then you want people to use your services and people will only do that if the price is fair and affordable... It's not only frivolous people who would like to take their dogs somewhere and bath them rather than at home.

Tight Whingers!! I take it you don't have your own business or at least not business savvy?

It's not about being tight it's about being realistic.. If you want to make money then you want people to use your services and people will only do that if the price is fair and affordable... It's not only frivolous people who would like to take their dogs somewhere and bath them rather than at home.

So either one of the two applies to you then re business?

Both have applied to me in the past however.

Whether it's fair and affordable is a matter of opinion. I think £15 ish is fine. If you can't afford that amount then how do you afford to keep a dog?

Some people would rather spend that on fags or booze. I think the dog merits it more than either of those.

I must be frivolous because the only time I'd bath mine at home is in the warm weather outside in her tin bath. As the former doesn't apply, I'd rather use HH as I have over the years.

There's no way I'd bath mine inside my house. Ultimately, she's a dog and I aint going to get in the same bath she's been in or have her running around the house wet through. It's simply not hygienic.

I'm pleased to update you all that the self service grooming salon is opening on Saturday 25th June!

It's £9 for half an hour or £15 for a full hour, towels and shampoo for as many digs as you wish included.

Bookings aren't necessary but welcome if you wish to avoid waiting times.

I'm pleased to update you all that the self service grooming salon is opening on Saturday 25th June!

It's £9 for half an hour or £15 for a full hour, towels and shampoo for as many digs as you wish included.

Bookings aren't necessary but welcome if you wish to avoid waiting times.

Terri, can you give me a few more details please? Is the bath on the floor or do we need to lift the dog up? Do we have to scoop water or does it circulate on a shower hose? I never thought we would use the dog wash but our dog is getting a bit 'doggy' smelling. I will mention it to hubby as he was planning to wash our dogs in their bath but its outside and its a lot of messing about warming the water up for a rinse.

Sure :) there's a photo of the bath on our facebook page. You do have to lift your dog into it. It has a normal electric shower. The shampoo is concentrated so will be dispensed into a jug or two for you which you'll need to fill with water before using.

There's a high velocity blaster with speed and heat control and you can dry your dog in the bath or on the static table. Any more questions, shoot!

Thanks Terri. Ive mentioned it to hubby via Facebook. Are you on twitter?

---------- Post added 16-06-2016 at 15:46 ----------

Sure :) there's a photo of the bath on our facebook page. You do have to lift your dog into it. It has a normal electric shower. The shampoo is concentrated so will be dispensed into a jug or two for you which you'll need to fill with water before using.

There's a high velocity blaster with speed and heat control and you can dry your dog in the bath or on the static table. Any more questions, shoot!

I'm about to send you a pm to book in.

Just got your pm, thank you. I have an account for twitter that's set up to repost my fb posts but could never really get on with so don't actually use it.

Just got your pm, thank you. I have an account for twitter that's set up to repost my fb posts but could never really get on with so don't actually use it.

We have a business twitter account. It hasn't brought any business in so we aren't going to get uptight about tweeting too much. I will put a tweet out that will circulate around Rotherham and Sheffield for you. At least a lot of people will get to know about you. I had forgotten about the dog wash and never thought I would use it. Your post on the forum was well timed!:thumbsup:

Thanks chez, your support is much appreciated! :)

Where are u based? I have 2 stinking Giants at the moment