Old fire extinguisher - where to dispose?

Anything that can't go in the blue bin goes in the black bin as far as I'm concerned. Lightbulbs, batteries, an old microwave, that's what bins are for!

I agree!

Saved a right wedge on burial costs when granny woods turned dead. I made sure she was well hidden though, underneath a couple of old fire extinguishers.

Anything that can't go in the blue bin goes in the black bin as far as I'm concerned. Lightbulbs, batteries, an old microwave, that's what bins are for!

Spot on. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree!

Saved a right wedge on burial costs when granny woods turned dead. I made sure she was well hidden though, underneath a couple of old fire extinguishers.

Good money saving tip there Mr.McWoods! :thumbsup:

I hope that you paid respect by placing a wreath on the top of the wheelie bin though.

And to think that Maggie the Wicked Witch of the West's state funeral cost me £10 MILLION :loopy:

If anybody deserved to be dumped in a wheelie bin, it's her :mad:

Good money saving tip there Mr.McWoods! :thumbsup:

I hope that you paid respect by placing a wreath on the top of the wheelie bin though.

I did so, but the binman jobsworth refused to take it, as it weren't in the bin (and the wrong bin at that!) Granny Woods festered for another 2 weeks until it were lifted by Frank. He's old school and doesn't give a ****e what's in the bins.

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 21:44 ----------

And to think that Maggie the Wicked Witch of the West's state funeral cost me £10 MILLION :loopy:

If anybody deserved to be dumped in a wheelie bin, it's her :mad:

Everyone should go in the bin. Fed up of trawling round graveyards paying my respects, only to get a pile of dog crap on my white Umbro Excel Mark 2s.

I did so, but the binman jobsworth refused to take it, as it weren't in the bin (and the wrong bin at that!) Granny Woods festered for another 2 weeks until it were lifted by Frank. He's old school and doesn't give a ****e what's in the bins.

Good old Frank! We could do with some of him in Sheffield. I've had six dead pythons and what's left of a coelacanth in my blue bin for over four months now … even the foxes steer well clear. :(

Stretching my mind to the very furthest limits of it's imaginings, I fail to see in any way, shape or form, how a metal container (like a large can of baked beans, if you will?), drained of the water, and disposed of in a wheelie bin, can be in any way be considered deadly.

OP said it was a fire extinguisher - never said it was drained, never said it was depressurised - stretch your mind somewhat further, your IQ might reach three figures !

Good old Frank! We could do with some of him in Sheffield. I've had six dead pythons and what's left of a coelacanth in my blue bin for over four months now … even the foxes steer well clear. :(

Haha! Dinofish. Had to Google that one.

You missed an opportunity to make a bit of cash there Alcoblog. I would've sold the pylons on for scrap. :P

---------- Post added 01-10-2015 at 22:09 ----------

OP said it was a fire extinguisher - never said it was drained, never said it was depressurised - stretch your mind somewhat further, your IQ might reach three figures !

Oh Haydn luv. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear!:hihi:

Oooh! … 'naughty step' for alcoblog! :o

I have 2 old fire extinguishers that were left in the garage when we moved in years ago, need to get rid of them. Any idea's folks?

Before disposing of them try using them. Most people have never practised with letting a fire extinguisher off and it's useful knowledge to know how they perform.

How can you compare a pressurised fire extinguisher to a baked bean can? Even aerosols with residues in can be lethal. I have worked in the waste industry for over thirty years and known drum lids to be push off unvented drums by exploding aerosols. The force is great enough to cut through the curtain sides of vehicles and people have been killed or seriously injured this way.

I do hope people are just being silly trying to wind people up rather than being a danger to themselves and others, as well as the environment.

How can you compare a pressurised fire extinguisher to a baked bean can? Even aerosols with residues in can be lethal. I have worked in the waste industry for over thirty years and known drum lids to be push off unvented drums by exploding aerosols. The force is great enough to cut through the curtain sides of vehicles and people have been killed or seriously injured this way.

I do hope people are just being silly trying to wind people up rather than being a danger to themselves and others, as well as the environment.

If the council dump it sites didnt refuse to accept fire extinguishers people wouldnt have to resort to hiding them in their bins or fly tipping would they ? The same applies with car tyres . If the tips took them , there wouldnt be hundreds dumped on the roadside. Blame the council , not someone trying to get shut of something .