Sheffield Spray Painted Foxes

Hi, ive recently noticed some pictures of foxes around the heeley area. They are painted on walls and theres one in a shop doorway. Just wondered if anyone knows why they are there or if they mean something to the area.

Hi, ive recently noticed some pictures of foxes around the heeley area. They are painted on walls and theres one in a shop doorway. Just wondered if anyone knows why they are there or if they mean something to the area.

:huh:

It probably just means that some talentless scroat with no respect for other people's property has just moved into the area! :(

I love the one on little London road, especially when you are driving at night as your headlights really pick it out.

Seeing art like this is so much better then the usual, enormous bright blue phallic ... I mean average size phallic :heyhey:

I've noticed a number of fox murals on walls around Broadfield Road/Heeley area of Sheffield

Does anyone have any idea what the significance of them is?

I don't know who's responsible for them but I like them! makes a change to the usual mindless graffiti. Got one at the end of my road and I'm currently not offended by it.

I don't know who's responsible for them but I like them! makes a change to the usual mindless graffiti. Got one at the end of my road and I'm currently not offended by it.

OK, serious question now...

... would you be offended by it if it had been scrawled on your own wall without your permission? :huh:

To be honest, no I wouldn't but I can understand why some would be.

The thing that surprises me is the way you never see anybody doing it. One day it's not there, the next day it is.

Latest fox at The Climbing Works (Sheffield), see their Instagram page. 

Edited by one_eye_ted

On 19/02/2016 at 14:12, spilldig said:

The thing that surprises me is the way you never see anybody doing it. One day it's not there, the next day it is.

That's what makes them so mysterious and alluring. 😆

Guest busdriver1
On 19/02/2016 at 14:12, spilldig said:

Well you won't as people causing criminal damage rarely do so in full view. 

Better foxes than that puerile scribble adorning bus shelters, dressed up as urban art.