Teachers and parents given school parking ticket powers

I would of thought the idea was not to issue any tickets at all , just to get those causing problems to behave better . Surely someone volunteering would not act in a malicious way and give fair warnings to anyone parking incorrectly before issuing a ticket .

Is this the equivalent of dressing up primary school kids in parking attendants uniforms to persuade parents not to park irresponsibly?

That does not work either.

It always winds me up when I see people being let off by the police, the police are as rare as gold dust, and they should make any wrong doers remember them for a long time.

Barking or what?

No Thurrock.

:hihi::hihi::clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would of thought the idea was not to issue any tickets at all , just to get those causing problems to behave better . Surely someone volunteering would not act in a malicious way and give fair warnings to anyone parking incorrectly before issuing a ticket .

Yeah, because volunteers stop being human, and no-one ever volunteered and then acted maliciously when given a bit of power. :hihi:

I find this funny!

Has anyone read about another council (can't remember which town) are going to spend money on training the lollipop men and women to tackle road rage incidents!!

Soooo, what with all the over zealous parents slapping parking tickets onto the windscreens outside the school gates being grabbed by the throat and the lollipop men and women bashing other angry road users with their 'lollipops' it's going to be mayhem!

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN THEY CRIED!!

I can see a perfect scenario for a comedy sketch show emerging! :)

Edited by Chelle-82

Yeah, because volunteers stop being human, and no-one ever volunteered and then acted maliciously when given a bit of power. :hihi:

Maybe you are judging these volunteers by your own standards and it's you who would act over officious if given a bit of power .

CCTV on a pole to catch offenders.

Fine in the post.

CCTV paid for in no time at all, and lots more 'stock' photographs of pathetic, excuse trotting, scowling parents for local newspapers.

So when I appeal to the council about my phone what procedure will be followed? Are the parents supplied cameras with regulated timecoding? Are they all trained in procedure?

Without the proper training, understanding of the law and equipment it's not feasible.

Maybe you are judging these volunteers by your own standards and it's you who would act over officious if given a bit of power .

No, it wasn't me that pointed out that it might happen. But since it was pointed out, I think it's quite likely.

CCTV on a pole to catch offenders.

Fine in the post.

CCTV paid for in no time at all, and lots more 'stock' photographs of pathetic, excuse trotting, scowling parents for local newspapers.

That's what happens round my way, a CCTV camera car tours the local schools and catches people.

when we were at school we walked there and walked home. It was a mile and a half each way , but good exercise . Its no wonder so many kids are overweight these days when parents are driving them to school .

Too many parents these days think the bogey man is hiding around every corner. Give the little darlings some fresh air and exercise and make em walk like we had too ( in all weathers too )

I live opposite a primary school and twice a day it is total mayhem outside as parents battle for the parking spaces nearest the school (including double lines, zigzag lines and the school bus place), unwilling to drive even 100m further on (where there is much more room) and walk back with their precious spring-offs. Most of them live within easy walking distance of school, yet choose to drive; others qualify (by distance) for free school transport on a minibus with CRB checked driver and seatbelts, yet feel their child is 'too young' to travel 2 miles in this way.

The example being set to their children by these lazy/selfish/obsessively protective parents is woeful.

others qualify (by distance) for free school transport on a minibus with CRB checked driver and seatbelts, yet feel their child is 'too young' to travel 2 miles in this way.

The example being set to their children by these lazy/selfish/obsessively protective parents is woeful.

I work at a school like this, funding is much harder to get these days.

We even have the occasional 56 seater coach parking on the zig zags. There is little action against bad parkers because the wardens are afraid of issuing tickets, in my opinion.