Corsa C Steering Wheel Not Straight After Tracking

Update:

Been to the garage again and they were extremely helpful, they offered me re tracking again and offered refund if problem still exist. They tried their best and gone out of their way to resolve this problem.

I mark this problem as solved and i thankful to them that they tried their best efforts to solve this problem in very professional manner.

PS i am removing all their details from this thread.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Need some suggestions, i had my corsa 1.3 CDTI SXi tracking done yesterday after the tracking my steering wheel not straight.

I have to keep it to the bit left to make it straight, i been to another mechanic who examined and told me that tracking seems ok just wheel not bit straight, he advised me that its their job to make the steering wheel straight and go back to them and ask.

I went back to them the guy who done the tracking drove my car and said that tracking is fine if you want to make your steering wheel straight then take it off and put back straight.

My question is that is he right to say that he cant help and giving advice to take steering wheel off.

I been to other forums and they say its their job to make steering wheel dead straight, they have not done tracking properly if they cant help ask for refund and go to some reputable garage.

I don't want to involve in argument with them so just need advice what to do or is it ok to just take the steering wheel off and make it straight. Thanks

Edited by Digital2011
Solved

No he's being a lazy pillock, it's their job to set the steering wheel straight when they do the tracking.

It's not been done right, but having paid cash he'll probably tell you to FRO.

Name and shame them online, and never return - sound like a right bunch of cowboys.

for a reason i am removing their name and address for now as i am about to see them tomorrow for a solution

Edited by Digital2011

Sorry but how do we know this complaint is genuine? Please dont take it wrong but this could be putting a forum on dodgy ground if it turns out the op is a competitor.

Again, not saying you are but speaking from a cautious point of view.

Hope i didnt offend.

I am not competitor or anything i am just here for the advice just pointed out what they have done and what they have said to me after tracking when i complained that steering not straight

Fair enough mate,

Hope you get it sorted.

No worries mate my original question still there which i asked. Is it ok to remove the steering wheel to make it straight as no point paying another £15 for making steering wheel straight.

No worries mate my original question still there which i asked. Is it ok to remove the steering wheel to make it straight as no point paying another £15 for making steering wheel straight.

Id say yes, unless it has an airbag or your comfortable disabling it while you straighten the wheel.

Best advice i could give is have a look at this

If its not your model then look here

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=refit+corsa+steering+wheel

its corsa c 2005 model could not find the video for specific model and yes it has airbag

Thanks for the link but still not for specific model but i got the written guide will try later.

It might not just get the steering wheel to the 'right' position, as it could still be half a spline out, if you see what I mean. A proper garage would have set the tracking on both sides of the car to make the steering wheel 'straight'

If you get no luck, then report the garage to the MAA