The Wicker/spitall hill

I went to meet a friend for lunch as she works at Sorby House on Spitall hill and I looked out the window to see a group of people injecting into their femoral area across the road, meaning I got a nice eyeful of their arses. :gag:

Without doubt the best places for lunch in Sheffield are on Spital Hill.

Like where.....

I went to meet a friend for lunch as she works at Sorby House on Spitall hill and I looked out the window to see a group of people injecting into their femoral area across the road, meaning I got a nice eyeful of their arses. :gag:

That happens by the river just off the wicker too. Seen them many times from where I work. Scum

Like where.....

Choose from any one of the 15 or so cafes and restaurants - you won't be dissapointed.

The Wicker is a bit of a dump and you all shades of brown faces with a few pale faces at Lady's Bridge end. But I have walked along the Wicker many a time and up into Pitsmoor.

Never felt scared or intimidated but do feel like I have walked in Africa :hihi:

You do hear of shootings every now and then but this is usually in the early hours and drug gang related.

Now Page Hall is something else. The Roma certainly make you feel uneasy but I tend not to make eye contact when I visit a certain takeaway and oriental sweet shop.

As for Parson Cross? I have family on there and there is no trouble at all. The usual odd skint benefit family in 90's shell suits and base ball caps but you will find them at Firth Park, Arbourthorne, Low Edges etc.

You think the Wicker is full of young professionals? LOL. Seriously, the Wicker isn't anywhere near as intimidating to the same extent as some parts of Page Hall, Shiregreen, Firth Park and Parsons Cross

Woooosh!

At least the OP knew I was replying in jest.

Woooosh!

At least the OP knew I was replying in jest.

Indeed

I wonder if there is anything that could be done to turn this area around or will it always now be a complete dump?

Indeed

I wonder if there is anything that could be done to turn this area around or will it always now be a complete dump?

That district already had £50m to try and pull it round.

And where did that money go exactly

In all seriousness, if you filled the area with young professionals or students it would soon change

this always seems to be conveniently forgotten

Indeed

Its the people that make it a dump and and if you polish a turd its still a turd

Its the people that make it a dump and and if you polish a turd its still a turd

:hihi::hihi::hihi: lol