Ant-gentrification protest at the Cereal Killer cafe

This is quite shocking really. A niche shop in London targeted by a mob of 200 protesters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/anti-gentrification-protesters-attack-cereal-killer-cafe-with-paint-a6668886.html

I don't agree with the protest but are things a little bit out of hand when a bowl of cereal and a coffee costs £5?

some people would protest at the slightest thing! go do something constructive, so what if a bowl of cereal and a coffee costs £5 you are not forced to buy it, go elsewhere, if there isnt enough takers it will go bust big deal!!

on the other hand you get some people pricing up all the ingredients and then saying ooh i can make that at home for 20p:roll::roll:

the cereal isn't £5 anyway from that place. The smallest bowl of cereal, with milk, is only £2.50 and even the largest one is only £3.50. You have to order all sorts of extra bits and pieces to go in it, to make it add it up to £5.

hanging is far too good for this kind of commie scum.

they should be drowned by hand manually in buckets of consommé. And if any of them have a last wish to make it borscht, it should be denied.

Someone's in a foul mood this morning :rolleyes:

This is quite shocking really. A niche shop in London targeted by a mob of 200 protesters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/anti-gentrification-protesters-attack-cereal-killer-cafe-with-paint-a6668886.html

I don't agree with the protest but are things a little bit out of hand when a bowl of cereal and a coffee costs £5?

Was that question asked before you thought about HMRC's corporate tax take on the expected profits, or after? ;)

(I say 'expected', because I don't know the first thing about that cafe's overheads in central London...which I don't expect to be trivial, even if all employees are on ZHC/NMW).

More profits on a cereal + coffee deal = more corporate tax = more going towards the Gvt's budget.

No profits = zero corporate tax = Gvt has to borrow the shortfall.

That's the basic principle anyway, I don't expect Corbynistas to acknowledge it, even if they get it.

I also fully expect the usual cries about tax avoidance/tax evasion <etc.> (entirely irrelevant, unless one happens to know for a fact that this cafe's owner/shareholder engage in such practices).

Not allowed to be successful? That's how France 'turned' in the 80s after Mitterrand got elected. It's been wallowing in it ever since, lastly with Hollande and his 'bash the rich and the corpos' electoral agenda. The outcomes of this generalised mindset are clear for all to see.

Edited by L00b

Fail. No you can't- Shoreditch is the probably biggest example of social cleansing the UK has ever seen.

Nearly all the social cleansing evictions have now mostly been replaced with wealthy guardianist hipsters. Working class Londoners like myself could never afford to move back home.

What are they doing - coming round with baseball bats and forcing you to sell up at low prices?

Of course not - don't be so silly. People are choosing to move out and then whining when they can't move back in. Did the fat wedge of cash you got for the house when you sold not tell you that perhaps, the cost of moving back if you wanted to was going to be a bit higher?

No it's far more fun to just have a bit of a riot and whine when things don't go your way. Story of the left that...

What are they doing - coming round with baseball bats and forcing you to sell up at low prices?

Of course not - don't be so silly. People are choosing to move out and then whining when they can't move back in. Did the fat wedge of cash you got for the house when you sold not tell you that perhaps, the cost of moving back if you wanted to was going to be a bit higher?

No it's far more fun to just have a bit of a riot and whine when things don't go your way. Story of the left that...

No but these anti gentrification mob are coming round with baseball bats and other items. They have no respect for peoples property and blame everyone else for their problems. Do they not want their area to be nice and upmarket?

Edited by woodmally

some people would protest at the slightest thing! go do something constructive, so what if a bowl of cereal and a coffee costs £5 you are not forced to buy it, go elsewhere, if there isnt enough takers it will go bust big deal!!

on the other hand you get some people pricing up all the ingredients and then saying ooh i can make that at home for 20p:roll::roll:

Or better still, open up the same shop next door and charge lower prices for the same thing.:P

Kellogg's used to do a bowl and spoon with cornflakes in it, for people on the move. Don't know what happened to that, but I'm sure it cost less than £2.50, even with a plastic bowl and spoon.

You can't even get pie and mash with liquor, or jellied eels in Shoreditch anymore. London is being ruined by the Guardian types and all in the name of "diversity". It makes me sick to my stomach.

Jellied Eels in Shoreditch...

http://www.allinlondon.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant-1290.php

"oh, don't you forget trying their melt in your mouth jellied Eels! To die for!"

Pie and mash with liquor in Shoreditch...

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/londons-best-pie-and-mash-1

http://londonist.com/2015/03/london-food-history-eel-pie-and-mash-shops

Edited by RootsBooster

If you think £5.00 is expensive for a breakfast you should try a motorway services.

If you think £5.00 is expensive for a breakfast you should try a motorway services.

Er, you can buy a box of cereal for less than that. It's not as though they have to cook it! More fool them that buy into such pretentiousness, more money than sense.:loopy:

Er, you can buy a box of cereal for less than that. It's not as though they have to cook it! More fool them that buy into such pretentiousness, more money than sense.:loopy:

i believe they have to sell it, pay for crockery and washing up, pay the rent, pay the staff, pay the rates, pay the electric, pay the gas, pay the water, pay the insurance, pay for theft, pay for repairs, and hopefully make a profit.

what would you expect to pay for a coffee and a slice of buttered toast in a charity shop in sheffield?

Ant-gentrification protest at the Cereal Killer cafe

I for one, salute our new insect overlords…