Bailiff question

If mail is not in your name- bin it.

Returning mail only generates more mail like this because it tells the sender that someone scammable lives at the address.

Eventually these letters will arrive with your name on them.

You have been hereby warned.

That's not my experience. (Sorry for an off-topic discussion, but I hope our experience will be helpful.)

When we moved house a few years back, we received the most amazing amount of junk mail for several generations of previous owners and occupants, including some that haven't lived here for almost a decade. We printed up some stickers to say "No such addressee" and returned every piece we got that was addressed to someone other than ourselves, provided it had a return address. Each month the flow reduced, until now we get maybe just one piece every few months.

There were one or two mailers that didn't have their act together, and we knew the guy they were addressed to and we asked him if he would send them his new address.

I'm sure there are unscrupulous junk mailers out there, but most of them would rather not be wasting money sending their stuff to the wrong person.

Your mileage may vary.

It's not the OP's debt...

what's it doing in the OP's name then?

and if it isnt in there name they have nothing to worry about do they?

:confused:

what's it doing in the OP's name then?

and if it isnt in there name they have nothing to worry about do they?

:confused:

It's not in the OPs name. Read the thread again, you may pick it after another read.

They aren't chasing him, they've sent a letter addressed to someone else to his house.

what a pointless thread - why even respond to a letter. Debts and credit are no longer attributed to addresses.

---------- Post added 02-10-2015 at 18:02 ----------

It's not in the OPs name. Read the thread again, you may pick it after another read.

read above. And don't **** in my pocket and tell me it's raining. :loopy:

what a pointless thread - why even respond to a letter. Debts and credit are no longer attributed to addresses.

read above. And don't **** in my pocket and tell me it's raining. :loopy:

Maybe you missed the part where the OP show that they've received a letter saying that the bailiffs have received a court order to remove property with or without their presence, and they have the authority to use a qualified locksmith to enter the property?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't ignore this letter.

I'm glad your recent constant trolling the whole forum with nonsense has found this thread Sir.

I'm sure you live in a bubble ;)

There is a real world out there, where things actually happen TJC.

Say I ignored this letter, and came home to a house broken into and my stuff gone, can you tell me what I should do with this phrase, should I walk outside the front door and shout 'Debts and credit are no longer attributed to addresses!!'?

As it happens, if you read again, it was my address, not my name. I emailed them, and got a response. I also think their seeing my CCTV all around the outside of my house put them off. It's shows they aren't legal. If they had authority, they would just continue regardless.

Maybe you missed the part where the OP show that they've received a letter saying that the bailiffs have received a court order to remove property with or without their presence, and they have the authority to use a qualified locksmith to enter the property?

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't ignore this letter.

Exactly.

In order to get a court order there has to be proof of addressee living there, however bailiffs are unable to enter a private property, even with a high court order so the letter is a blatent lie, if they did enter then they would be charged by police and loose their licences lol

Court appointed bailiffs can enter a property if the door is opened to them (from what I understand). They can't simply break in.

Court appointed bailiffs can enter a property if the door is opened to them (from what I understand). They can't simply break in.

No only if invited in, if you refuse entry then they cannot physically remove you out of the way as that's assault

hows that work with credit reference agencies then :loopy:

The debt is in the name of a person, and the credit reference agency files are in the names of individuals - the file of the individual will contain current, last known and/or previous addresses.

If the previous occupier has not notified anyone they owe money to that they have moved (including any bank current account), the credit reference agency will have no ability to update address details for that individual

One precaution if you receive correspondence addressed to a previous occupier is to write to the main credit reference agencies to advise them that they have moved out

The debt is in the name of a person, and the credit reference agency files are in the names of individuals - the file of the individual will contain current, last known and/or previous addresses.

If the previous occupier has not notified anyone they owe money to that they have moved (including any bank current account), the credit reference agency will have no ability to update address details for that individual

One precaution if you receive correspondence addressed to a previous occupier is to write to the main credit reference agencies to advise them that they have moved out

Which ones, and who?

As it happens, I don't know if they ever lived here. I bought the house off someone with a different name and as far as I know (IIRC), they owned it for quite a few years, and I've been here 2.