Bailiff question

Maybe the previous correspondence was thrown out by the OP..

Possibly, but it's neither here nor there because the debt is nothing to do with the OP.

Might be worth ringing the mobile again.

You can ring from a phone box, so they can't get your number and keep ringing you.

You probably should ring them, to inform them the person they are looking for has moved on.

It's not like they can shift the debt onto your name, you have nothing to do with it.

Out of interest I've just called the 07500 mobile number and is was answered by a voice mail announcement saying I'd reached the number of enforcement officer York so it isn't dead... Obviously I used 141 infront of the dialled number..

It was on Friday night, I'll try it again.

Sounds like the mobile number is worth a call then.

Maybe the previous correspondence was thrown out by the OP..

Possibly, but it's neither here nor there because the debt is nothing to do with the OP.

I put everything back in the post again. I hoped it would stop the amount of crap through my letterbox :hihi:

I always wondered if that actually works??

Even if you put 'return to sender' on it, and it's got a return address do the Royal Mail bother to take it back??

I assume with no return address they bin it, so perhaps whenever they see 'Return to Sender' do they automatically bin it and not bother to check???

You don't put any postage stamps on it or anything, so are they expecting to bill the recipient or something??

Even if you put 'return to sender' on it, and it's got a return address do the Royal Mail bother to take it back??

I assume with no return address they bin it, so perhaps whenever they see 'Return to Sender' do they automatically bin it and not bother to check???

You don't put any postage stamps on it or anything, so are they expecting to bill the recipient or something??

No idea tbh. I tend to bin things that look like junk mail, and return things that look important and have return addresses.

I've phoned the head office number, she said they will keep coming back until I prove that I live there and he doesn't.

I suppose I'll email them a copy of something, but I fail to see why the onus is on me to prove anything :confused:

No idea tbh. I tend to bin things that look like junk mail, and return things that look important and have return addresses.

I've phoned the head office number, she said they will keep coming back until I prove that I live there and he doesn't.

I suppose I'll email them a copy of something, but I fail to see why the onus is on me to prove anything :confused:

Write to them, tell them to look on the electoral roll and withdraw their implied right of access.

Every time they show up call the police. They learn eventually. Like you I fail to see why the onus is on the homeowner to stop harassment.

In my experience, yes it does and yes they bother.

That's in respect of UK client mail returned to us (seems to take a few weeks, however).

If by "coming back" they mean they'll send letters, then I'd continue to ignore them.

Yea I agree, although it sounds like now is the time to get everything in writing, keeping a copy for yourself.

If they try and drag it on any further then you'll need a copy of all correspondence for your records.

Send them a copy of your tenancy agreement.

Write them a letter saying xyz does not live here, left some time ago, left no forwarding address, you do know know xyz, have never met xyz, cannot contact xyz.

Suggest they contact the landlord for more information.

Also remind them that they have not proved xyz actually lives at the address anymore.

Write to them, tell them to look on the electoral roll and withdraw their implied right of access.

You'd think they would think of that, because I'm the only one registered here.

Every time they show up call the police. They learn eventually. Like you I fail to see why the onus is on the homeowner to stop harassment.

Yep.

If by "coming back" they mean they'll send letters, then I'd continue to ignore them.

I got the impression that she was implying that they would be making more personal calls.

Yea I agree, although it sounds like now is the time to get everything in writing, keeping a copy for yourself.

If they try and drag it on any further then you'll need a copy of all correspondence for your records.

Send them a copy of your tenancy agreement.

Write them a letter saying xyz does not live here, left some time ago, left no forwarding address, you do know know xyz, have never met xyz, cannot contact xyz.

Suggest they contact the landlord for more information.

Also remind them that they have not proved xyz actually lives at the address anymore.

It's not a tenancy geared, it's my own house.

Consent?

To what? More Freeman on the Land woo?

As for a site that thinks you can copyright your name well words fail me.

Not seen anything on their website about FOTL nonsense?

To cut several long stories short.....All I know is myself and another friend took their advice about several bailiff threats and outstanding Warrants Of Executions, used their template letters and all debts, threats absolutley EVERYTHING immediately ended. I didn't pay a penny. No courts, no fines, no hassle. Thousands of others who've took advice also report the same.

I once had something similar, but that was in the pre internet/mobile phone era. Guy turned up, I explained who I was, that it wasn't me he was chasing and he made a few notes on a pad, said they had many visits like this, told me not to worry and never heard any more since.

Don't get worked up about big guys with muscle walking away with your belongings, they have to go through a procedure

Ignore it. They have no powers whatsover unless you consent.

All the info you need is here >>>

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Bailiffs

This site is utter tripe

Full of freeman on the land.

You get people who try and give others advice against eviction and yet they have all been evicted!

They practice such nonsense, i dont know where to start. None of it works!, they have even promoted this so called "bank" http://www.werebank.com!

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 09:43 ----------

Consent?

To what? More Freeman on the Land woo?

As for a site that thinks you can copyright your name well words fail me.

Exactly , and using things like "birth certificate bond", accepted for value (basically just signing a bill and returning it and claiming its paid!)