Bailiff question

Ignore it. They have no powers whatsover unless you consent.

All the info you need is here >>>

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Bailiffs

ta

Seems a bit bad though. I don't want to live in a locked house! I bought my house so I could have more freedom and peace, not this ****!

ta

Seems a bit bad though. I don't want to live in a locked house! I bought my house so I could have more freedom and peace, not this ****!

There is templates on their website you can use to stop any nuisance visits.

They ask for £5, if you're skint PM me and I'll email you them for free.

Ignore it. They have no powers whatsover unless you consent.

All the info you need is here >>>

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/Bailiffs

Consent?

To what? More Freeman on the Land woo?

As for a site that thinks you can copyright your name well words fail me.

ta

Given that you aren't the person who's debt they are chasing, if they take something of yours it's theft. Even if you do answer the door, you aren't that person and they can't force entry and steal things from you.

If they turn up, call the police.

Given that you aren't the person who's debt they are chasing, if they take something of yours it's theft. Even if you do answer the door, you aren't that person and they can't force entry and steal things from you.

I agree, if the person does not live there then the writ is total rubbish.

Might be worth giving them a ring, and informing them the person has moved on and warning them not to pester you.

Do it in writing as well.

Have you rang the mobile number of the bloke thats down on the writ?

Edited by geared

Yes, this was what I had in mind.

I agree, if the person does not live there then the writ is total rubbish.

Might be worth giving them a ring, and informing them the person has moved on and warning them not to pester you.

Do it in writing as well.

Have you rang the mobile number of the bloke thats down on the writ?

bold: I thought about this, but knowing Excel or whatever this is called, once they have someone respond to them, they continue with more vigour, not give up.

Yeah that mobile number I rang first and it is a dead line.

Might be worth ringing the mobile again.

You can ring from a phone box, so they can't get your number and keep ringing you.

You probably should ring them, to inform them the person they are looking for has moved on.

It's not like they can shift the debt onto your name, you have nothing to do with it.

When I was in a similar position in a rented house I just laminated a copy of our lease (clearly not in the names of the people they were chasing, attached it to the back of the front door on a piece of string and then posted it through the letterbox to them to read, once I'd verified who they were through the window. The door was locked and never opened, the window was opened while I talked to them and then closed and locked.

To have broken in to remove anything would have been illegal, to have taken anything that didn't belong to the previous tenants would have been theft. Once I'd identified that we were now the legal occupants of the house and the previous tenants no longer lived there, they went away.

We had half a dozen different sets of bailiffs come round, but once they all worked out that the people they were chasing were no longer in the house, they all backed off.

Out of interest I've just called the 07500 mobile number and is was answered by a voice mail announcement saying I'd reached the number of enforcement officer York so it isn't dead... Obviously I used 141 infront of the dialled number..

Sounds like the mobile number is worth a call then.

I suppose the main question is does the OP recognise the claim??

To get to that level, you usually have a ton of debt collection agency letters, followed by official court papers, then usually a CCJ or something, then High Court.

You don't just get a letter turn up completely out of the blue, saying you owe a ton of money through a high court writ.

---------- Post added 27-09-2015 at 19:32 ----------

You can check what judgements are registered against your name here:

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

Maybe the previous correspondence was thrown out by the OP..