UK Forces uniform not allowed in A & E

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249717/Hospital-told-RAF-sergeant-leave-waiting-room-case-uniform-upset-patients.html

An RAF sergeant who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan was moved out of a hospital waiting room because staff feared his uniform would upset people from different cultures.

In an explanation to his family, hospital workers were said to have claimed ‘they didn’t want to upset people’ because they ‘have lots of different cultures coming in’.

Now this is what this country is coming to. Disgusted.

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 19:14 ----------

So frightened of upsetting foreigners they ask him to Move?

Edited by Itrytoplease

Disgusting. Whoever asked him to move should be sacked. If it wasn't for the RAF and our other armed forces, there would be no NHS.

Disgusting. Whoever asked him to move should be sacked. If it wasn't for the RAF and our other armed forces, there would be no NHS.

Hide in the corner like a good boy, we have muslims in the waiting room

weird, i read this story on the bbc and its not about muslims or foriegners but to do with another forces person was involved in a fight Oo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34368332

in either case its purely one person who was reacting rather strongly and not some massive pc brigade thing

Edited by melthebell

why was he in uniform ?

Had he just returned from a bombing run over Baghdad ?

why was he in uniform ?

he was burnt while in training, well thats what the bbc said, **** knows what the daily squeal says lol, someat far more inflammatory probably

he was burnt while in training, well thats what the bbc said, **** knows what the daily squeal says lol, someat far more inflammatory probably

Oh, okay, I was worried the iraqis had found some RPGs somewhere and we're using them against the RAF

weird, i read this story on the bbc and its not about muslims or foriegners but to do with another forces person caused a fight Oo

in either case its purely one person who was reacting rather strongly and not some massive pc brigade thing

I was going by the bbc TV news, which never mentioned other forces being involved. If that is the case I apologies for my comments. I linked the cutting without reading it, thinking I didn't have to due to the TV item. Having now read it I stand by my OP.

A disgraceful decision by whoever made it . There are notices in hospitals which say they have zero tolerance to anyone who abusers staff and patients .

weird, i read this story on the bbc and its not about muslims or foriegners but to do with another forces person caused a fight Oo

Reading your link, it's badly expressed, but I read it as another member of the public caused an altercation because of a serving officer being in uniform, not that the serving officer caused a fight?

Surely that must have been the case, otherwise why would they ask the RAF man to move out of sight? In the other scenario they would have called security to keep an eye on him.

why was he in uniform ?

Not sure id want to advertise being part of TWO illegal wars.

Not my opinion by the way, the wars were illegal so you can start the flaming now. I probably wont care all that much.

A disgraceful decision by whoever made it . There are notices in hospitals which say they have zero tolerance to anyone who abusers staff and patients .

staff, yes.

Patients ? Can't recall