Parking on Broken yellow lines/ wrong ticket issued

Your problem is that you have now gone past the time within which you can appeal via the regulated appeals process. If you thought the ticket was incorrectly issued why didn't you go through the full three stage appeals process?

As things stand, you now have no avenue to contest whether or not the penalty was correctly issued. At this stage, any remaining avenue of appeal depends on whether the council issued the correct paperwork to you and from what you say, it appears they have.

You would do well to take the advice which has been given by peak4 and seek advice on that Forum. Or, you could pay. If you continue to do nothing, you can expect to be hearing from bailiffs, the costs will increase greatly and they can take your goods to cover the debt.

Isn't it a sad indictment of the world we live in, that just because someone inadvertantly parked incorrectly at the side of the road that we're now talking about baliffs, appeals, 'correct paperwork', costs, N244 applications, paperwork this, regulations regarding width, colour and termination, paperwork this, paperwork that, blah, blah, jobsworth, more paperwork, yada, yada, blah, blah.

'Experts' coming out of the woodwork to give sage advice, over what? … a yellow line.

I'm so glad I don't have the expertise to offer advice one way or the other, as it'd indicate that I clearly have to get a life.

Money, money, money, nastiness, nastiness.

What's wrong with people? :loopy:

Your problem is that you have now gone past the time within which you can appeal via the regulated appeals process. If you thought the ticket was incorrectly issued why didn't you go through the full three stage appeals process?

As things stand, you now have no avenue to contest whether or not the penalty was correctly issued. At this stage, any remaining avenue of appeal depends on whether the council issued the correct paperwork to you and from what you say, it appears they have.

You would do well to take the advice which has been given by peak4 and seek advice on that Forum. Or, you could pay. If you continue to do nothing, you can expect to be hearing from bailiffs, the costs will increase greatly and they can take your goods to cover the debt.

And all this for the victimless crime of parking on a double yellow line.

And all this for the victimless crime of parking on a double yellow line.

… ooh yeah … 'three stage appeals process'! (yellow painted line) Jobsworths!

If you knew anything about what you are talking about, you would know that you don't have to attend a Traffic Penalty Tribunal hearing in person. You can send a written submission or choose to have a telephone hearing.

I had a telephone call to enforcement who upheld the ticket (they would wouldn't they) then made a written submission requesting a tribunal hearing. it never got as far as a tribunal because I fought back as I was in the right.

write the letter, then worry about tribunal hearings. if OP is in the right, they will hear nothing more, probably not even a response.

I had a telephone call to enforcement who upheld the ticket (they would wouldn't they) then made a written submission requesting a tribunal hearing. it never got as far as a tribunal because I fought back as I was in the right.

write the letter, then worry about tribunal hearings. if OP is in the right, they will hear nothing more, probably not even a response.

Agreed, I'm that confident the OP will win if these goes to a tribunial that I will pay him / her the fine myself if I'm wrong.

If you've received a NTO make sure to mark your response as formal appeal.

SCC Parking services are known on Pepipoo as some of the nastiest and most corrupt in the country.

Councils never admit that they are wrong, until you want to take it to tribunal. Until this point they will keep on with their cleverly written responses in order to claim money from you.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 00:38 ----------

I've recently been issued a parking penalty for parking on what was genuinely not known to be a yellow line as it was beyond any reasonable state of repair.

When I returned I was issued a ticket and the penalty stated parking in a time controlled zone which there is none in operation what's so ever on the top end of Granville Road however it's quite likely at the bottom near the colleges there is.

When I contented this I was then told it is due to the yellow lines and not the timed zone marked clearly on my ticket and surely a picture of me parked on badly and broken in over 70% of the total line and now told my penalty is for this and is still being upheld. And in the Dark this line had no chance of ever been seen as in my case.

Soooo.... 3 weeks later after them not receiving any feedback or fine payment guess what there is now a solid bright yellow newly painted line! Hiding there tracks however not only does there photo proof my point but I also had taken my own photos of the entire line..

Any advice or suggestions regarding the law here as citizens advise website gives reasons for a ticket to be invalid one of which says poor state of the line or a wrongly issued ticket which mine covered both but they still demand now £105 which increase by 50% each month but they can prey as they wont be seeing it, I pay road taxes for maintained roads and this certainly wasn't and I feel there using scare tactics with someone that doesn't scare so easily.

Post all your details on this forum >>

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

I'm that confident you'll win this PCN if you appeal properly. if I'm wrong I'll pay the fine for you myself.

I'm that confident you'll win this PCN if you appeal properly. if I'm wrong I'll pay the fine for you myself.

Easy promise to make when you already know the OP is out of time to make an appeal.

i understood it and thats all that matters,

So true, thanks, :thumbsup:

About 10 years ago l was parked just behind Parkhill flats above the train station, l received my one and only parking ticket. The reason was very similar...there weren't any lines at all as they had completely worn off for about 30feet. I challenged it like you to no avail. Their answer....just because you can't see the lines doesn't me they aren't there. No win situation with the Council Parking Vultures.

I've recently been issued a parking penalty for parking on what was genuinely not known to be a yellow line as it was beyond any reasonable state of repair.

When I returned I was issued a ticket and the penalty stated parking in a time controlled zone which there is none in operation what's so ever on the top end of Granville Road however it's quite likely at the bottom near the colleges there is.

When I contented this I was then told it is due to the yellow lines and not the timed zone marked clearly on my ticket and surely a picture of me parked on badly and broken in over 70% of the total line and now told my penalty is for this and is still being upheld. And in the Dark this line had no chance of ever been seen as in my case.

Soooo.... 3 weeks later after them not receiving any feedback or fine payment guess what there is now a solid bright yellow newly painted line! Hiding there tracks however not only does there photo proof my point but I also had taken my own photos of the entire line..

Any advice or suggestions regarding the law here as citizens advise website gives reasons for a ticket to be invalid one of which says poor state of the line or a wrongly issued ticket which mine covered both but they still demand now £105 which increase by 50% each month but they can prey as they wont be seeing it, I pay road taxes for maintained roads and this certainly wasn't and I feel there using scare tactics with someone that doesn't scare so easily.

Last year I was issued a parking ticket for genuinely unknowingly parking on Double yellow lines based at the top end of Granville Road.

I contented this as they was not visible enough to notice and with large sections incomplete also. 4 months later Sheffield council in there wisdom then decided to repaint them after a call from a local areas councilor expressing there lack of marking visibility. 1 yr later Sheffield council are still pursuing me for this ticket despite painting them but previously claimed that if the average person can notice them then they are considered fine? so what does Sheffield council consider the average person I emailed them to ask what is considered in the eyes of the council a faded line but except able quality and whats a faded but not excepted quality and if the could supply images to support fair and unfair..guess what they tracked my email address first before answering the question making it a bias opinion and could see i had a case open and so i was fobbed off.

does anyone have a experience of a tribunal with Sheffield city council for similar parking issues or have a case than was won and on what grounds/logic that I can use as supporting evidence for my case. as whats not fair is that if i had not taken my own pictures pre-repaint I would have been left with no evidence of the poorly maintained lines with over 1 meter of line missing too. thank you people.

Guest busdriver1

was there also signs on nearby lampposts?

no none whats so ever either side of the road but apparently there not required for double yellow lines either?